Guides & Resources
Advertising & Media
Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 TRX500FM
Back to 2009 Honda ATV Quad Models Index Page
photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 TRX500FM
2009 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 TRX500FM
If you've been waiting for the ultimate utility ATV built with
Honda's famous durability and attention to detail, your ride is here. The
Honda TRX500FM Foreman combines a powerful 475cc air-cooled engine with a
precise foot-shift transmission, then adds switchable 2WD/4WD, specially designed
front disc brakes with thick, long-life brake pads, and lots more. Check out
the sleek styling, the NaturalGear camo colour option, the handy start-in-gear
feature, and the sealed glove box that really can keep your cell phone or
sandwich clean and dry.
Honda's workhorse ATV is also a real thoroughbred. Its tough-as-nails 475cc longitudinal Honda engine delivers tons of torque year after year. And Honda's exclusive TraxLok® selectable 2WD/4WD system lets you flip to 4WD on the fly, keeping you on the move when nature throws you a curveball. Why do we pay such attention to getting the job done? Three simple words: It's a Honda.
With variations that offer either manual shifting or Honda's Electric Shift Program (ESP), the Foreman 4x4 enjoys its long standing as a popular model thanks to its powerful longitudinally mounted 475cc engine and easy-to-use TraxLok® 2WD/4WD system.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
- New Black color joins Red, Olive and Natural Gear Camouflage.
- SUV styling features flowing fenders with integrated headlights and taillights for a rugged, adventurous look.
- TraxLok selectable 2WD/4WD system (see Technology Section)
- Torque-Sensitive Front Differential (see Technology Section)
- Dual front disc-brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent buildup of debris between caliper and rim to ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wear material with improved mud durability, feel and control. Pads have an internal scraper that gives audible warning when pad life is low.
- Powerful four-stroke 475cc OHV air-cooled longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- The overhead-valve arrangement features angled valves in a hemispherical combustion chamber for straighter intake and exhaust flow for improved engine performance.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven couterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system improves driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine-oil contamination.
- Standard high-flow oil-cooler ensures optimal engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- TraxLok selectable 2WD/4WD system (see Technology Section)
- Electric Shift Program (ESP) (see Technology Section)
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch for excellent driveability and towing capacity.
- Convenient five-speed transmission with Reverse.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with torque-sensing front differential routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Wet sump with large 3.2-quart capacity.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Reusable, foam air filter.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 7.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses KYB shock absorbers to give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and dual KYB rear shock absorbers give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Rugged, large-diameter 25 x 8-12 front, 25 x 10-12 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual 180mm front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed 180mm mechanical rear drum.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Water-resistant left-side glove-box compartment.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Unique, rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Powerful, 326-watt AC generator.
- Triple headlight system with single 45-watt upper light and dual 30-watt lower lights with multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution plus an LED brakelight/taillight.
- Multi-function LCD digital meter is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for fuel gauge, gear position, speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hourmeter/ clock and oil change reminder. Meter housing includes LED lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature and front differential indicator.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature- type fuse.
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large mud flaps keep dirt and debris off of the rider.
- Two-piece boot guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skidplates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy-to-understand graphic symbols.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
- Flag Kit.
2009 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 TRX500FM - USA Specifications
American MSRP $6,599 USD
Model: TRX500FE (with ESP) / TRX500FM
Engine Type: 475cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 92mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ration: 8.5:1
Induction: Keihin 36mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse (TRX500FE) / Five-speed with Reverse (TRX500FM)
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok and torque-sensitive front differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with dual shocks; 6.7 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 180mm disc
Rear: Sealed 180mm mechanical drum
Front: 25 x 8-12
Rear: 25 x 10-12
Length: 83.0 inches
Width: 46.8 inches
Height: 46.5 inches
Seat Height: 33.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 7.5 inches
Wheelbase: 50.7 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Colors: Black, Natural Gear Camouflage, Olive, Red
Curb Weight*: 624 pounds (TRX500FE) / 619 pounds (TRX500FM)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel--ready to ride.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
2009 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 TRX500FM - Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $9,179-$9,479 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 475 cc
Bore & Stroke 92 mm x 71.5 mm
Compression Ratio 8.3:1
Valve Train OHV, 2 valves
Fuel Delivery Single 36 mm CV carb
Transmission Five-speed with automatic clutch, reverse and ultra-low first gear
Final Drive 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing front differential
Front Suspension Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 168 mm (6.6 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Swingarm with dual hydraulic shocks; 170 mm (6.7 inches) travel
Tires 25x8 - 12 front; 25x10 - 12 rear
Brakes Front dual 180mm hydraulic discs; rear sealed mechanical drum
Length 2,109 mm (83 inches)
Width 1,188 mm (46.8 inches)
Ground Clearance 190 mm (7.5 inches)
Seat Height 860 mm (33.9 inches)
Wheelbase 1,292 mm (50.7 inches)
Curb Weight 281 kg (620 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 15 litres, including 2.5-litre reserve
Colour Red,Camo (optional)
Thank for supporting