+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 with Power Steering TRX500FPM
Back to 2009 Honda ATV Quad Models Index Page
photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 with Power Steering
2009 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 with Power Steering TRX500FPM
The way we see it, there's no reason work has to be so much, well, work. So we took the legendary FourTrax Foreman 4x4, and added Honda's ingenious Electric Power Steering (EPS) system. Honda's EPS takes all the effort out of long work days, whether you're challenging a muddy backwoods logging road, endless Baja sand whoops, a Sierra boulder field or mile-long side hills. Why work harderwhen you can work smarter?
The Honda TRX500FPM Foreman gives you all the great features
found on the TRX500FPE, but with a manual foot-shift gearbox instead of push-button
shifting. Standard Electric Power Steering (EPS) makes the steering lighter
when you need it to be, while also minimizing kickback when the front wheels
hit a rock, rut or other obstacle. You stay more in control, and long rides
or tough jobs suddenly become a whole lot less tiring. The TRX500FPM also
comes with a powerful and durable 475 cc air-cooled engine, switchable 2WD/4WD,
and available NaturalGear camo bodywork.
FourTrax Foreman 4x4 ES/FourTrax Foreman 4x4 with Electric Power Steering
You'll enjoy the advantages of Electric Power Steering (EPS) whether you prefer your FourTrax Foreman 4x4 to be fitted with conventional manual shifting or Honda's easy and convenient Electric Shift Program.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
- New Black color joins Red, Olive and Natural Gear Camouflage.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS) (see Technology Section)
- TraxLok® selectable 2WD/4WD system (see Technology Section)
- Torque-Sensitive Front Differential (see Technology Section)
- Dual front disc-brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel. This helps to prevent buildup of debris between caliper and rim and ensures consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wear material with improved durability, feel and control. Pads have an internal scraper that gives audible warning when pad life is low.
- Standard-equipment oil cooler.
- Advanced design Longitudinally Mounted Engine (see Technology Section)
- Powerful four-stroke 475cc OHV air-cooled longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- The overhead-valve arrangement features angled valves in a hemispherical combustion chamber for straighter intake and exhaust flow for improved engine performance.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to resist water intrusion.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system improves driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- TraxLok selectable 2WD/4WD system (see Technology Section)
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS) (see Technology Section)
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch for excellent driveability and towing capacity.
- Convenient five-speed transmission with Reverse.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with torque-sensing front differential routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil starter features an automatic internal decompression system.
- Wet-sump engine carries a large 3.2-quart capacity.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Reusable, foam air filter.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 7.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses KYB shock absorbers to give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and dual KYB rear shock absorbers give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Rugged, large-diameter 25 x 8-12 front, 25 x 10-12 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual 180mm front hydraulic disc brakes combine with sealed 180mm mechanical rear drum for excellent stopping capabilities.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Water-resistant left-side glove-box compartment.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Triple headlight system with single 45-watt upper light and dual 30-watt lower lights with multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution plus a 21-watt stop- and taillight.
- Multi-function LCD digital meter is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for fuel gauge, gear position, speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hourmeter/ clock and oil-change reminder. Meter housing includes lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature and front differential indicator.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping to keep mud and debris away.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large mud flaps keep dirt and debris off of the rider.
- Two-piece boot guards help prevent damage to CV-joint boots.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skidplates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy-to-understand graphic symbols.
- Standard equipment includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
- Flag Kit.
2009 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 with Power Steering TRX500FPM - USA Specifications
American MSRP $6,999 USD
Model: TRX500FPE (with EPS) / TRX500FPM
Engine Type: 475cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 92mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ration: 8.5:1
Induction: 36mm constant-velocity carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse (TRX500FPE) / Five-speed with Reverse (TRX500FPM)
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok and torque-sensitive front differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with dual shocks; 6.7 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 180mm discs
Rear: Sealed 180mm mechanical drum
Front: 25 x 8-12
Rear: 25 x 10-12
Length: 83.0 inches
Width: 46.8 inches
Height: 46.5 inches
Seat Height: 33.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 7.5 inches
Wheelbase: 50.7 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Colors: Red, Black, Olive, Natural Gear Camouflage
Curb Weight*: 639 pounds (TRX500FPE) / 637 pounds (TRX500FPM)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel--ready to ride.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
2009 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 with Power Steering TRX500FPM - Canada
Canadian MSRP $9,679-$9,979 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 475 cc
Bore & Stroke 92 mm x 71.5 mm
Compression Ratio 8.3:1
Valve Train OHV, 2 valves
Fuel Delivery Single 36 mm CV carb
Transmission Five-speed with automatic clutch, reverse and ultra-low first gear
Final Drive 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing front differential
Front Suspension Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 168 mm (6.6 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Swingarm with dual hydraulic shocks; 170 mm (6.7 inches) travel
Tires 25x8 - 12 front; 25x10 - 12 rear
Brakes Front dual 180 mm hydraulic discs; rear sealed mechanical drum
Length 2,109 mm (83 inches)
Width 1,188 mm (46.8 inches)
Ground Clearance 190 mm (7.5 inches)
Seat Height 860 mm (33.9 inches)
Wheelbase 1,292 mm (50.7 inches)
Curb Weight 289 kg (637 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 15 litres, including 2.5-litre reserve
Colour Red, Chaos Black, Camo (optional)
Thank for supporting