+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Back to 2009 Honda ATV Quad Models Index Page
photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Honda TRX250X
2009 Honda TRX250X
The TRX250X starts with the legendary Honda OHC, air-cooled, longitudinal engine, with its handfuls of torque and right-now responsiveness. Honda's innovative SportClutch lets novice riders ride without stalling, while it lets experts shift for themselves. Finally, the reliable shaft drive is designed for low-maintenance, high-octane fun.
The sporty and fun-to-ride TRX250X features Honda's innovative, easy-to-use SportClutch and aggressive race-inspired styling, two of the many features that make it a favorite among beginners as well as long-time riders.
Features & Benefits
- Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power transfer.
- Two-valve cylinder-head design features performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm-diameter intake valve and a 27mm-diameter exhaust valve to produce a broad, usable powerband.
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle effort offers immediate engine response.
- Hand-operated Honda SportClutch enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop.
- A unique buffer plate in the carburetor float chamber helps maintain consistent fuel flow when riding across varied terrain.
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no maintenance.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the 2-quart capacity wet sump, providing lower operating temperature over a wide range of riding conditions for maximum performance and increased engine life.
- 123-watt capacity alternator ensures abundant electrical power.
- Convenient electric starter.
- Five-speed transmission features sport-riding ratios, Reverse and the no-stall SportClutch.
- 27mm front shocks combined with a 32mm rear shock provide bump absorption and rider comfort.
- Lightweight, double-cradle steel chassis is designed to withstand the demands of recreational riding.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 5.7 inches.
- Dual hydraulic 174mm front disc brakes and fully sealed rear mechanical drum brake provide superb and consistent braking power.
- 22 x 7-10 front and 22 x 10-9 rear tires feature an aggressive, TRX400EX-derived knobby tread pattern for excellent traction.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for superb handling.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- TRX450R-inspired bodywork.
- Ergonomic seat is designed for recreational riding, providing superb comfort and excellent rider maneuverability.
- Ergonomic layout and rider controls provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of riding styles and rider sizes.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to provide cool, clean air in all riding conditions.
- Single-headlight system features a twin-filament high/low 39-watt/39-watt bulb.
- LED tail- and brakelight.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Reusable, washable foam air filter.
- Neutral and reverse indicator lights.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and foot controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
- Flag Kit.
2009 Honda TRX250X - USA Specifications
American MSRP $4,099 USD
Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
Induction: 22mm piston-valve carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Clutch: Honda SportClutch
Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
Length: 68.5 inches
Width: 41.8 inches
Height: 42.4 inches
Seat Height: 31.4 inches
Ground Clearance: 5.9 inches
Wheelbase: 44.3 inches
Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Colors: Red, White
Curb Weight*: 377 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel--ready to ride.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
2009 Honda TRX250X - Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $0 CDN
Model not available in Canada