+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Back to 2009 Honda ATV Quad Models Index Page
photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Honda TRX700XX
2009 Honda TRX700XX
The 2009 TRX700XX, the biggest, toughest sport ATV Honda has ever created, with its thundering 686cc, SOHC, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, four-valve four-stroke engine. It's also the most innovativeconsider its four-wheel Independent front and Rear double-wishbone Suspension (IRS), another Honda sport ATV first. More? Package in some of our most outrageously styled bodywork ever, and watch all the other riders mumble to themselves.
Extreme engine performance, combined with a chassis that lets
you put all that power to use. The stunning Honda TRX700XX brings the stable,
confident handling that Honda ATVs are famous for to the big-bore IRS class.
The engine is a high-tech marvel, boasting 686 cc of fuel-injected, liquid-cooled
power and torque. And the chassis is even more advanced, with innovative features
such as a central chain drive to the rear wheels that allows perfectly symmetrical
rear A-arms and driveshafts, plus numerous other benefits. The result? Reduced
wheel scrub, improved rigidity, and a much more planted feel in all conditions.
Expectations in the Sport category of ATVs have reached an elevated level of comfort and high performance thanks to the TRX700XX, which offers double-wishbone Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), unique centered chain-drive system and a fuel-injected 686cc engine making monster torque.
New for 2009:
- New Metallic Black color with graphics joins Metallic Black/Silver and Metallic Black/Red
Features & Benefits
- 686cc SOHC liquid-cooled fuel-injected four-valve single-cylinder four-stroke engine.
- Double-wishbone, Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with tuned swaybar.
- Centered chain final drive system.
- 11-inch-diameter rear rims with removable mud scrapers.
- 686cc SOHC, four-stroke engine generates the highest peak output in its class.
- Liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power and long engine life.
- PGM fuel-injection system with 44mm throttle body for excellent cold-weather starting, lower maintenance and consistent performance at high altitudes (see Technology Section).
- In-gear starting in forward or easy-to-use Reverse
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth, comfortable all-day riding.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Full transistorized ignition with electronic advance.
- USDA-qualified stainless-steel muffler/spark arrester for quiet operation and maximum power.
- Heavy-duty clutch stands up to sport-ATV demands.
- High-efficiency dry-sump lubrication system features large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
- Rugged five-speed transmission with Reverse has components and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
- Unique, centered transmission with its direct-line chain final drive allows optimum IRS double-wishbone A-arm design.
- Independent double-wishbone, adjustable-preload front suspension uses premium shock absorbers featuring dual single-rate springs that allow a lighter, more compact package with 10.5 inches of fully useable travel.
- Independent double-wishbone rear suspension, made possible by the innovative centered chain drive system, features steel upper and aluminum lower A-arms. Using piggyback, adjustable-preload reservoir shocks, the system provides 9.3 inches of fully useable travel.
- Steel frame with removable subframe is extremely durable and strong.
- Triple disc brakes for excellent stopping power and weight savings.
- Special, large-diameter 11-inch aluminum rear wheels allow for ideal CV joint angles and A-arm lengths, resulting in superior power delivery, optimum suspension action and improved durability.
- Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
- Durable, heavy-duty O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Easy-to-use dual snail-cam eccentric chain adjusters.
- Engine design meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Convenient pushbutton electric starting.
- Sculpted, plush seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
- Uniquely aggressive sport styling.
- Cowl-integrated headlight with dual 30-watt bulbs provides distinctive sport style and excellent function.
- High-visibility, long-life LED brake light.
- Easy access to washable two-stage large-capacity foam air filter.
- Tough, polyethylene push bar up front and polypropylene rear A-arm protectors.
- High-impact urethane skidplate protects frame and engine cases.
- Rear mudguards with rigid footrests.
- 8AH maintenance-free battery.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
- Simple-to-operate multifunction handlebar switch.
- Left-hand-operated parking brake.
- Tool kit includes tire-pressure air gauge and owner's manual.
- Transferable one-year, limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Flag Kit.
2009 Honda TRX700XX - USA Specifications
American MSRP $7,999 USD
Engine Type: 686cc liquid-cooled SOHC dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 102mm x 84mm
Induction: Keihin PGM-FI with a 44mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
Ignition: Full transistorized with electronic advance
Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: O-ring-sealed #520 chain
Front: Independent double-wishbone with dual single-rate springs; 10.5 inches travel
Rear: Independent double-wishbone with piggy-back reservoir shocks; 9.3 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
Rear: Single hydraulic 200mm disc
Front: 21x7R 10
Rear: 22x9R 11
Length: 73.9 inches
Width: 46.3 inches
Height: 45.4 inches
Seat Height: 33 inches
Ground Clearance: 10.5 inches
Wheelbase: 50.0 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.0 gallons
Colors: Metallic Black with graphics, Metallic Black/Silver, Metallic Black/Red
Curb Weight*: 505 lbs.
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel--ready to ride.
For highly experienced riders 16 years of age and older.
2009 Honda TRX700XX - Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $10,299 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 686 cc
Bore & Stroke 102 mm x 84 mm
Compression Ratio 10:01
Valve Train SOHC, 4 valves
Fuel Delivery Keihin PGM-FI with 44 mm throttle body
Transmission Five-speed with manual clutch and reverse
Final Drive 2WD; O-ring-sealed chain; 14T/37T
Front Suspension Independent double-wishbone with dual-rate springs; 267 mm (10.5 in.) travel
Rear Suspension Independent double-wishbone with dual piggyback-reservoir shocks; 235 mm (9.3 in.) travel
Tires 21x7 - 10 radial front; 22x9 - 11 radial rear
Brakes Front dual hydraulic 174 mm discs; rear hydraulic 200 mm disc
Length 1,815 mm (71.5 inches)
Width 1,165 mm (45.9 in.)
Ground Clearance 260 mm (10.2 in.)
Seat Height 830 mm (32.7 in.)
Wheelbase 1,260 mm (49.6 in.)
Curb Weight 229 kg (505 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 11.4 litres, including 3.6-litre reserve
Colour Chaos Black