+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4i
Back to 2009 Kawasaki ATV Quad Models Index Page
photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4i
2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4i
Nothing is too tough for the Brute Force 650 4x4i. This V-Twin powered sport/utility ATV offers usable power, stable handling, lightweight construction, and a plush ride from its independent front and rear suspension.
The ATV with a winning pedigree of power, suspension and big comfort
The middleweight choice in Kawasakis V-twin powered sport-utility all-terrain vehicle (ATV) family, the Brute Force® 650 4x4i offers refined power and handling. It combines a plush ride courtesy of its competent front and rear independent suspension with a superb four-wheel drive system and a durable and powerful 633cc V-twin engine to deliver a knock-out blow to its challengers.
Thanks to its 90-degree, liquid-cooled four-stroke V-twin engine, this ATV shines when the going gets tough. With ample low-to-mid range torque and high rpm power to meet challenges presented by the adventure enthusiasts and sportsmen. Less weight is always a good thing. To keep the pounds off, Kawasaki engineers used aluminum in the construction of the front exhaust pipe cover, two-piece center exhaust pipe cover, and the muffler cover. Among the other features designed into the Brute Force 650 4x4i to amplify its power-to-weight ratio are drilled transmission gears to lower their overall weight.
The Brute Force 650 4x4i gets the power from its V-twin engine to the wheels through a fully automatic, dual range continuously variable transmission (CVT). With low and high forward, neutral and reverse gears, this dependable transmission functions seamlessly, providing excellent control for both low- and high-speed work or recreational riding. Additionally, with the brakes applied it can be started in any gear.
Two- or four-wheel drive is selectable by simply pressing a handlebar-mounted button. In four-wheel drive, the rider can manage the amount of power to both front wheels with Kawasakis Variable Front Differential Control by simply pulling a small lever on the left handlebar. This is a definite advantage for riders traversing deep mud, slippery uphill trails or large objects such as logs or rocks.
The optimized caster angle for the front A-arms means the Brute Force 650 4x4i has light and responsive steering as well as excellent ground-following abilities. Shock absorber spring rates and initial preload settings for both front and rear are aimed at excellent ride comfort and are enhanced via the plush urethane seat foam.
It may be the slightly smaller one in Kawasakis stable of IRS-equipped ATVs, but it doesnt sacrifice anything in the looks department. Like its brethren, the rugged, take-on-anything styling of the Brute Force 650 4x4i will both attract onlookers and satisfy owners.
Stopping the 650 4x4i is a combination of dual 200mm front discs and Kawasakis sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system. As an integrated part of the shaft drive, the enclosed rear braking system is sealed in the aluminum swingarm where it operates in an oil bath. This protects the brake pads from mud, dust and debris, and is virtually maintenance-free.
Enhancing the high-performance brakes is the Kawasaki Engine Brake Control system, which electronically monitors ground speed and uses the engines compression to help slow the Brute Force 650 4x4i under certain conditions.
The able ATV can pull a hefty 1,250 pounds, and it can carry a combined 264 pounds on its front and rear racks. Owners can expand the versatility of their Brute Force ATV via the extensive line of Authentic Kawasaki Accessories, available through Kawasaki dealers.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
Features and Benefits:
633cc Liquid-Cooled, Four-Stroke V-Twin Engine
- 90-degree, V-twin with four-valves per cylinder produces massive torque yet is exceptionally smooth running
- V-twin design and 80mm x 63mm oversquare bore and stroke help produce high torque with a broad, user-friendly curve
- All-aluminum cylinders with Electrofusion coating are durable and help the engine produce more power
- Using aluminum bores instead of cast iron cylinder liners improves heat dispersion and reduces weight
- Large-capacity radiator provides consistent cooling, allowing close engine tolerances, quiet running, and ultimate durability
- Thermostatically-controlled fan keeps engine cool regardless of vehicle speeds
- Twin CVKR-34 carburetors are mounted in a downdraft position, providing the fuel mixture with a straight shot into the combustion chamber from the carburetors for improved efficiency, quicker throttle response and more power
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the ATV under certain conditions
Snorkel Air Intake
- Airbox design provides easy access to simplify maintenance
- Oval-type air filter provides large intake area and reduces dust build-up on the filter
Transmission and Powertrain
- Fully automatic Kawasaki Automatic Powerdrive System (KAPS) continuously variable transmission (CVT) has high and low forward gears plus reverse
- Shifting timed in higher rpm range for snappy throttle response and aggressive acceleration
- Water drain hole in drive pulley cover prevents mud from clogging release bearing for added durability
- The drive converter shaft is hard chrome finished for durability
- Belt Check indicator lamp is easy to see
- Exclusive Variable Front Differential allows riders to control the amount of power delivered to both front wheels with the limited-slip front differential for maximum traction on difficult terrain
- Electrically Selectable Two- or Four-wheel drive for changing terrain and applications done with the flip of a switch
Independent Front Suspension
- Double wishbone and coil-over-shock absorbers with adjustable preload provide a comfortable ride with 6.7 inches of suspension travel
- A-arm caster angle provides light steering
- Aluminum steering knuckles are tough and feature added protection for the CV boots
- Constant velocity joints at the front wheels have a wide operating range for durability. The joints can also be independently disassembled to simplify maintenance
Independent Rear Suspension
- Double wishbone and preload adjustable shock for each rear wheel provides superior ride comfort and ground following ability
- Torsion bar helps control body roll
- Dual-piston caliper front disc brakes provide aggressive stopping power
- Multi-disk rear brake system is totally enclosed within the rear gear case
- Compact design provides more ground clearance at the rear end
- An integrated part of the shaft drive, the virtually maintenance-free rear braking system is protected from mud, dust and debris
- Thermoplastic olefin bodywork has a high gloss finish for great looks and is more scratch resistant than polyethylene plastic so it stays looking good longer
- Dual compartments on the front fenders provide convenient storage. Optional storage cylinder at the rear matches the muffler shape for a sporty, balanced appearance
- Comfortable, upright seating position combined with the independent rear suspension for a luxurious ride
- Wide seat for increased rider comfort
- Trailer hitch bracket with 1,250 lbs. towing capacity is standard equipment
- Digital speedometer, odometer, twin trip meters, clock, hour meter and fuel gauge are mounted at a steep angle and has a visor to make the meter more visible from the upright seating position
- Tire and wheel design provides an integrated look with aggressive bodywork as well as superb traction
2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4i - USA Specifications
American MSRP: $7,399
Engine: Four-stroke, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve
Displacement: 633 cm
Bore x stroke: 80.0 x 63.0mm
Compression ratio: 9.9:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVKR-34 x 2
Starting system: Electric with recoil back up
Transmission: KAPS, Dual Range with Reverse, 2WD/4WD, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
Final drive: 2x4 / 4x4 shaft
Frame: Double cradle, tubular steel
Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-Arms, two shocks with five-way preload adjustment / 6.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-Arms, two shocks with five-way preload adjustment / 7.9 in.
Front tires: AT25 x 8-12
Rear tires: AT25 x 10-12
Front brakes: (2) Dual-piston disc
Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length: 86.4 in.
Overall width: 46.3 in.
Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
Ground clearance: 9.7 in.
Seat height: 35.6 in.
Total rack capacity: 264 lbs.
Towing capacity: 1,250 lbs.
Curb weight: 654.9 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.4 gal.
Lighting: (2) 40W headlights, 5W taillight, 21W stoplight
Instruments: Digital speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, clock, hour meter, fuel gauge, 2x4 / 4x4 indicator light, neutral indicator light, reverse indicator light, low fuel warning light, low oil warning light
Color choices: Woodsman Green, Sunbeam Red, Super Black and
Candy Thunder Blue
2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4i - Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $9,699 (Camo: $10,049)
Type 4-stroke 90° V-twin
Displacement 633 cc
Bore and Stroke 80 x 63 mm
Compression Ratio 9.9:1
Valve System SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Carburetor Dual Keihin CVKR-34
Ignition Digital DC-CDI
Starting Electric with recoil back-up
Transmission Dual range CVT with reverse
Primary Drive Belt converter
Final Drive Shaft, Electric 2WD / 4WD, rider controlled locking front differential
Primary Reduction Ratio 3.122 ~ 0.635 (belt converter)
Overall Drive Ratio: Forward (High) 42.32 ~ 8.61
Overall Drive Ratio: Forward (Low) 66.02 ~ 13.43
Overall Drive Ratio: Reverse 55.01 ~ 11.19
Type Double cradle, high-tensile tubular steel
Suspension: Front Double wishbone, stepped spring preload adjustment
Suspension: Rear Double wishbone, stepped spring preload adjustment
Wheel Travel: Front 171 mm
Wheel Travel: Rear 200 mm
Tires: Front AT 25 x 8-12
Tires: Rear AT 25 x 10-12
Tread (Front/Rear) 920 mm / 894 mm
Front Dual hydraulic with twin-piston calipers with 200 mm drilled discs
Rear Enclosed wet multi-plate
Parking Enclosed wet multi-plate
Suspension, front Double Wishbone, stepped spring preload adjustment
Suspension, rear Double Wishbone, stepped spring preload adjustment
Battery 12 V, 12 Ah, Maintenance Free
Charging Output 24.2 A, 14 V @ 6,000 rpm)
Headlights (High/Low) 12 V, 40/40 W x 2
Headlight Marker lights 3/3 W x 2
Tail/Brake Light 12 V, 5/21 W
Overall length 2195 mm
Overall width 1177 mm
Overall height 1230 mm
Wheelbase 1279 mm
Seat height 907 mm
Dry weight 275 kg
Fuel capacity 20.5 litres
Colours Woodsman Green, Sunbeam Red, Super Black, Camouflage Hardwoods Green HD
Warranty 12 months
Good Times Protection Plan 24 or 36 months (Kawasaki GTPP begins after the standard limited warranty expires)
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market. Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.