+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
2009 Kawasaki KFX 700
Back to 2009 Kawasaki ATV Quad Models Index Page
photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Kawasaki KFX 700
2009 Kawasaki KFX 700
Powerful and stylish, this V-twin powered machine is built for fun
The KFX®700 all-terrain vehicle (ATV) continues to be a hit with off-roaders for obvious reason. Its the winning formula of Kawasakis powerful V-twin engine and automatic transmission coupled with a racing-style chassis, which adds up to a sport ATV offering aggressive all-day riding that is fun and easy for a wide range of riders.
At the heart of the KFX700s appeal is its engine. The liquid-cooled, 697cc, four-stroke, 90-degree V-twin is matched to a performance-tuned continuously variable automatic transmission. The combination eliminates shifting concerns because its in the optimum powerband at all times. This allows the rider to focus even more attention on choosing good lines, whether its on the race track or trail.
Other features include shaft drive, powerful dual front disc brakes and Kawasakis sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system. The KFX700 also features a single lower front frame tube designed using lessons learned from cross-country ATV racing to increase suspension travel and improve handling.
Up front the dual A-arms feature 9.3 inches of travel while providing optimum handling with minimal tire scrub during up-and-down suspension travel. Rear suspension duties are handled by an alloy swingarm with a piggy-back reservoir shock and 7.9 inches of travel. The KFX700 is shod with the ITP® Holeshot® tires to gain maximum traction and maneuverability.
Rounding out the features list on the KFX700 are sport-style serrated footpegs, a protective engine skid plate and powerful 45-watt headlights.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
Features and Benefits:
697cc V-twin four-stroke engine
- Dual Keihin downdraft carburetors provide maximum torque
- 90-degree cylinder offset produces perfect primary balance to minimize vibration
- Tuned for the widest possible torque curve and a power delivery thats optimized to make it easier to accelerate without excessive wheelspin
- Super-responsive Kawasaki continuously variable transmission (CVT) with special Kevlar reinforced drive belt that enhances acceleration while maximizing durability
- Forward-neutral-reverse grip-type shifter positioned conveniently on the left handlebar makes gear selection quick and easy
- Shaft drive integrated with the unitized swingarm
Chassis and Suspension
- Racing-style chassis with single-spar front frame tube for maximum A-arm length is the design of choice amongst Grand National Cross Country (GNCC) ATV racers
- A-arms at a long, flat angle, which provides optimum handling by minimizing tire scrub during up-and-down suspension travel
- Dual A-arm front suspension offers 9.3 inches of travel
- Unitized alloy swingarm with large-capacity, piggyback reservoir shock and dual-rate spring features compression damping, pre-load adjustment and 7.9 inches of travel
- Low-mounted 3.2-gallon fuel tank helps keep the center of gravity low for enhanced handling
Front Disc and Sealed Rear Brakes
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes offer strong, consistent stopping performance
- Kawasakis sealed multi-disc brake assembly provides superior ground clearance and fade-free braking power
- GNCC-proven ITP® Holeshot® tires provide maximum traction and stability
- Aluminum alloy rims feature welded inserts for added strength and durability
- 90 watts of halogen lighting power gives the nighttime rider exceptional visibility
- Sport-style serrated footpegs allow maximum rider mobility and control
2009 Kawasaki KFX 700 - USA Specifications
American MSRP: $6,849-$7,149 USD
Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke V-twin, SOHC, four valves per cylinder
with wet sump lubrication
Bore x stroke: 82 x 66mm
Carburetion: Dual Keihin CVKR-D32
Transmission: Continuously variable transmission with forward, reverse and neutral
Final drive: Shaft
Frame type: Double cradle, racing type, high-tensile tubular steel
Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arms, coil-over shocks / 9.3 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Linkless swingarm, piggy-back reservoir shock, dual-rate spring / 7.9 in.
Front tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x7-10
Rear tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x11-10
Front brakes: Dual discs with two-piston calipers
Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length: 78.1 in.
Overall width: 47.0 in.
Overall height: 46.1 in.
Seat height: 33.5 in.
Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
Ground clearance: At center of chassis 9.6 in, at rear axle 6.3 in.
Lighting: Dual 45W halogen headlights, 5/21W taillight/brake light
Curb weight: 551.3 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 3.2 gal.
Footpegs: Sport-style serrated
Color choices: Lime Green
Metallic Marble Red
2009 Kawasaki KFX 700 - Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $0 CDN
Model not available in Canada
* Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.
Thank for supporting