Guides & Resources
Advertising & Media
Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 Camo
Back to 2009 Kawasaki ATV Quad Models Index Page
photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 Camo
2009 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 Camo
REALTREE Hardwoods Green® HD camouflage transforms this versatile utility vehicle into a hunters dream
A real two-for-one deal, the Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4x4® (Camo) is a one of a kind utility vehicle, with the ability to transform from a short bed four-passenger 4x4 into an extended bed two-passenger 4x4 in a few quick steps. Trans4x4 users can fold down the rear bench seat and extend the cargo bed forward into the cab for increased cargo capacity. When more than two seats are needed, the Trans4x4 can be quickly converted back to four-passenger mode by reversing those same easy steps. Featuring REALTREE Hardwoods Green® HD camouflage body panels, the rugged new Mule 3010 Trans4x4 (Camo) offers maximum flexibility with hunter-friendly stealth.
The wheelbase of the Mule 4010 Trans4x4 is 11.6 inches longer than a standard 4010, yet still offers a tight turning radius and excellent rough terrain capabilities. New digital fuel injection (DFI) and electric power steering (EPS) systems work in conjunction with selectable four-wheel drive, a fully-automatic transmission and a locking rear differential to make the versatile Mule 4010 Trans4x4 an outstanding choice for just about any utility vehicle need. Bold new truck-like styling is complimented by smooth car-like controls, a revised dashboard layout and a tilting cargo bed.
The new 2009 Mule 4010 Trans4x4 is powered by a liquid-cooled 617cc four-stroke V-twin engine with DFI. Managed by a digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU), its DFI system compensates for variations in atmospheric pressure, engine and air temperature. This promotes easy starting and gives the engine more precise and consistent fuel metering for better throttle response and reduced fuel consumption. The system incorporates an automatic fast idle speed control which activates when the engine is cold, eliminating the need for a manual choke. The system also regulates maximum engine speed, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor.
The powerful engine is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT), which is fine-tuned for the Trans4x4s higher passenger and cargo capacity. The transmission features both high and low ranges, plus reverse. Utilizing a durable, low-maintenance shaft drive system, power is transmitted to a dual-mode rear differential that can be locked to maximize traction, or unlocked for improved handling and reduced ground disturbance when making tight turns. The driver can also select four-wheel drive for extra pulling power in difficult conditions.
The addition of EPS means the low effort rack-and-pinion steering on the Mule 4010 Trans4x4 is even easier to use than before. EPS reduces turning effort by up to 30 percent, especially in 4x4 mode or low speeds. The system uses inputs from vehicle speed and torque sensors to determine how much steering assistance is required from the electric motor. With the high/low-range, forward/reverse gear lever and the four-wheel drive selector located on the dash within easy reach, the operator is able to devote more attention to driving and/or negotiating rough or fragile terrain.
A smooth-riding MacPherson strut front suspension works in conjunction with
a heavy duty DeDion type leaf spring rear suspension system to provide the
Trans4x4 with a bed-extended 800 pound cargo capacity, or a 400 pound cargo
capacity when in four-passenger mode.
Stopping power is provided by four hydraulically operated, self-adjusting sealed drum brakes that are designed to resist intrusion from water, mud or debris. 23-inch low-pressure tires provide a comfortable ride and maximum traction over a variety of surfaces, while minimizing impact on fragile terrain.
Underneath its bold new camouflaged body styling, the Trans4x4 also features a new dashboard with dual glove boxes, driver and passenger cup holders, retractable rear seat belts, and padded rear-passenger grab handles. Its front hood can be lifted with the pull of a dash-mounted knob and allows access to a now deeper storage space, which has convenient D-rings to help secure cargo. Additionally, two lever latches make opening and closing the tailgate a secure and easy process. The extendable cab on the Trans4x4 is surrounded by the large-diameter steel tube frame structure that meets federal Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements.
Convenience features on the new Mule 4010 Trans4x4 arent just limited to easy-access latches or controls; they also extend to owner-friendly features like the winch-ready tabs located under its front grille. These tabs significantly reduce the hassle of installing a winch.
In addition to its stellar payload capacity, the Mule 4010 Trans4x4 utility vehicle can tow up to 1,200 pounds with an optional draw bar. Other popular accessories include an enclosed cab, cab heater, snow plow, and soft or hard tops. These and many other Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
Features and Benefits:
At a glance
- New digital fuel injection (DFI) system
- New electric power steering (EPS) system
- All-New Styling
- New Dashboard
- Two or four seats with revolutionary transformable design
- Fully Automatic Transmission with Selectable 2- or 4-Wheel Drive
- REALTREE Hardwoods Green® HD body panels
Transformable Cargo Bed
- Two rows of seats easily accommodate up to four people
- It can be transformed from a four-passenger to a two-passenger off-road utility vehicle with the rear seat folded down and the cargo bed expanded to carry larger payload (From 400 lbs. with 4 passengers to 800 lbs. with 2 passengers,)
- Rear bench seat includes retractable seat belts and padded rear-passenger grab handle
Liquid Cooled, V-Twin Engine
- Four-stroke, 617cc V-Twin industrial engine produces exceptional torque at low engine speeds
- Modern four-stroke design with overhead valves for efficient running and good fuel economy
- Large capacity radiator and fan maintain consistent engine temperatures, even in hot climates
- Rubber engine mounts minimize vibration, noise and wear to maximize operation comfort and diminish fatigue
Digital Fuel Injection
- Computer controlled fuel injection system automatically compensates for atmospheric pressure, air and engine temperature, for easy, prompt engine starting under a variety of conditions
- Automatic fast idle speed control eliminates the need for a choke, allowing the operator to drive off immediately after a cold engine start
- Throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves for optimum performance and drivability. The sub throttles are located behind the main throttle valves and controlled by the ECU for smooth throttle response
- Automatic digital ignition system helps ensure smooth efficient operation
- Maximum engine speed is controlled by the ECU, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor
- Offers easy engine operation and reduced maintenance requirements
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
- DFI precision reduces fuel consumption and cuts exhaust emissions
- Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gasses to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
- Muffler features a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
- Fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) features forward high and low and reverse, and helps keep the engine in the right operating rpm for a variety of vehicle speeds, loads, or terrain
- The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
- Tuned to accommodate higher loads
- Large drive and driven torque converters maximize engagement area of the thick and strong drive belt for improved heat dissipation and add durability
- High-flow cover helps cool the CVT while providing superb splash protection and water proofing
- Sheaves with high silicon type material for increased durability
- An open sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life
- Offers adjustable belt deflection
Cab Frame Air Intake
- Draws engine air and converter cooling air from the top of the cab frame where theres less dust, so the air filter stays cleaner longer
Torque Converter Air Filter
- Efficient intake cooling fan draws plenty of air into the CVT
- Special air cleaner with easily replaceable filter element cuts torque converter wear by cooling it with filtered air
New Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
- Input from a vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the systems electric motor
- To keep from possibly draining the battery, the EPS only operates when the engine is running
- When engine is stopped, more force is needed to turn the steering wheel even if the ignition is switched on
4-Wheel Drive with 2-Speed Transfer Case
- Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
- Shift to four-wheel drive and low range for maximum traction in adverse conditions or select two-wheel drive and high range to cut gear wear and increase fuel economy
Dual Mode Differential
- Dual-mode rear differential can be locked for extra pulling power and maximum traction or unlocked when traveling across delicate terrain
Independent Strut-Type Front Suspension
- MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provide a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
- Stiffer springs prevent bottoming and increase ground clearance
DeDion Rear Suspension
- Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
- Semi-independent action
4-Wheel, Self-Adjusting Sealed Hydraulic Drum Brakes
- Powerful, low maintenance four wheel brakes are self-adjusting and feature extra sealing for protection against mud, dust and debris
- The brake drums have an added flange and seal to keep out mud and water
Wheels and Tires
- 23-inch tires with stiff sidewalls for an improved the ride and added ground clearance
- The rear wheel bearings use two rollers in one large bearing for added durability
- The wheel bearings seals on all four wheels have 3 lips for better protection
Front Hood with Storage Tub
- Large under hood storage tub holds cargo out of site
- Offers quick, easy access with a push-button latch
- Includes four D-rings for securing loads
Tilting Cargo Bed
- Steel cargo bed can carry up to 800 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
- Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduces vibration and noise, and adds durability
Rugged and Capable
- Can tow up to 1,200 lbs with optional Kawasaki draw bar
- Meets federal Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
- Bench seat can carry up to three
- Durable chassis includes winch-ready mounts to simplify winch installation
- The oil dipstick and filler tube are accessed under the seat
- Cyclone-type engine air cleaner has meter to indicate when to replace the filter
- An automotive-style fuse box is convenient and uses blade-type fuses
- New body features rugged, modern truck look styling, wrapped in REALTREE Hardwoods Green® HD camouflage
- Includes dual glove boxes
- Includes cup holders for both the driver and passenger
- 12V DC outlet with 10 amp capacity
- The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
- Relocated parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
- Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for Hi-Lo switch lever
- Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
- Hour meter and a horn are standard equipment
Popular Accessory Items
- Soft or Hard Top
- Enclosed Cab
- Cab Heater
- Snow Plow
2009 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 Camo - USA Specifications
American MSRP: $10,899
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, overhead valve V-twin
Bore x stroke: 76 x 68mm
Compression ratio: 10.3:1
Carburetor: Digital Fuel Injection
Air filter: Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element
Oil filter: Automotive-type spin-on canister
Ignition: Digital electronic
Electrical: 12V, 18 amp-hour battery, alternator
Transmission: Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, neutral and reverse
Final drive: Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential
Exhaust: Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
Tires: 23x11-10 tubeless
Front suspension / wheelbase: Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheelbase: Semi-independent, DeDion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.
Steering: Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion
Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed
Fuel capacity: 6.2 gal.
Curb weight: 1,563 lbs.
Overall length: 130.1 in.
Overall height: 75.8 in.
Overall width: 58.5 in.
Wheelbase: 85.2 in.
Ground clearance: 7.1 in.
Roll over protective structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5 and meets the FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 50.4 x 47.7 x 11.3 in. / 15.6 cu. ft. (2-passenger mode)
30.3 x 47.7 x 11.3 (4-passenger mode)
Load capacity: 1,330 lbs.
Cargo bed capacity: 400 lbs. (4-passenger mode) / 800 lbs. (2-passenger mode)
Towing capacity: 1,200 lbs.
Turning radius: 12.8 ft.
Top speed: 25 mph, governed
Lights: (2) 30-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight
Instruments: Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet, speedometer
Color choices: REALTREE Hardwoods Green® HD
2009 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 Camo - Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $0
Model not available in Canada
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market. Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.
Thank for supporting