+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 ES TRX500FE
Back to 2011 Honda ATV Quad Models Index Page
photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2011 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 ES TRX500FE
2011 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 ES TRX500FE
The 2011 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 ES TRX500FE is built to handle the toughest jobs, of course. But when the work is done and the weekend dawns, the Foreman can't wait to show you its fun-loving side. No matter how you use your Foreman, you'll love its powerful 475 cc air-cooled engine that churns out torque low in the rev range yet also has exciting top-end performance thanks in part to its hemispherical combustion chamber. A precise foot-shift transmission, easily switchable 2WD/4WD, stable yet comfortable suspension, and specially designed front disc brakes with thick, long-life brake pads, all combine to make your work more productive, and your play way more fun.
To build a great workhorse ATV, we start with the heart
The FourTrax Foreman 4x4 is built around our strong, single-cylinder, 475cc longitudinal engine. By orienting the crankshaft front-to-back in the chassis, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any right-angle detours, reducing power-train friction and putting more grunt to the ground. Hey, it's a Honda. You wouldn't expect anything less.
FourTrax Foreman 4x4/FourTrax Foreman 4x4 with Electric Power Steering
This powerful and rugged 4x4 ATV mates a reliable manual-shift gearbox to
a time-tested air-cooled 475cc OHV engine--it's Honda quality at its best.
And you have the choice of standard steering or the ease of Electric Power
Your weekly list of chores isnt getting easier, so why would you opt for an ATV that isnt up to the job? Enter the Honda FourTrax Foreman 4x4, a tough-as-nails machine thats one of the hardest-working ATVs in our Utility lineup, featuring a beefy 475cc, longitudinally mounted single armed with heaps of task-tackling torque. Our exclusive, electronic, shift-on-the-fly TraxLok® selectable 2WD/4WD system. And optional, push-button Electric Shift Program (ESP) and Electric Power Steering (EPS) to help make your work that much easier.
And for the record, after youve put away your tools, the Foreman 4x4 loves to play just as hard as it works.
Important Safety Information
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
2011 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 ES TRX500FE Features:
Strength of Character.
Need an engine packing the punch to get you up or down the trail? The Foreman 4x4s 475cc air-cooled OHV four-stroke delivers serious doses of both torque and power to get the job done.
Hondas Electric Power Steering (EPS) uses high-tech torque sensors that measure steering force and then automatically adjust how much extra (or less) assist you need.
With Hondas exclusive TraxLok® system, you can toggle between 2WD and 4WD with push-button ease. Even better, you can do it on the fly.
Accessories as tough as the ATVs theyre on.
When you're riding the best ATV on the planet, only the best accessories will doHonda Genuine Accessories. These accessories are designed specifically for your Honda vehicle and feature the same quality and durability youve come to expect from Honda.
Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design - Compact and lighter-weight, the Foreman 4x4's semi-dry sump and overhead valve designs create an engine that's not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity while increasing ground clearance as well.
Advanced Front Suspension - With its independent double-wishbone design, the Foreman 4x4's front suspensionfeaturing KYB shocks with 6.7" of travelallows each wheel to react separately over rough or uneven terrain, thus ensuring a smoother, more controlled ride.
Electric Power Steering (EPS) - Both speed- and torque-sensitive, Honda's Electric Power Steering (EPS) excels at reducing both steering effort and kickback through the handlebar.
Electric Shift Program (ESP) - Flicking between gears should always be this easy. With Honda's unique ESP system, up- and downshifting is as simple and fast as pushing one of two handlebar-mounted buttons. ESP is also a bonus when riding in heavy or mud/snow-covered boots.
TraxLok® - This shift-on-the-fly system lets you toggle between 2WD and 4WD, giving you the freedom to take advantage of lighter steering (in 2WD) and maximum traction (4WD) when you need it most.
- Multi-function LCD digital meter is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for fuel gauge, gear position, speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hourmeter/clock and oil-change reminder. Meter housing includes lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature and front differential indicator.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS).
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Triple headlight system with single 45-watt upper light and dual 30-watt lower lights with multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution, plus a 21-watt stop- and taillight.
- Water-resistant left-side glove-box compartment.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Advanced design Longitudinally Mounted Engine.
- Powerful four-stroke 475cc OHV air-cooled longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- The overhead-valve arrangement features angled valves in a hemispherical combustion chamber for straighter intake and exhaust flow for improved engine performance.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system improves driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- TraxLok selectable 2WD/4WD system.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch for excellent driveability and towing capacity.
- Convenient five-speed transmission with Reverse.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with torque-sensing front differential routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil starter features an automatic internal decompression system.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 7.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses KYB shock absorbers to give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and dual KYB rear shock absorbers give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Rugged, large-diameter 25 x 8-12 front, 25 x 10-12 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual 180mm front hydraulic disc brakes combine with sealed 180mm mechanical rear drum for excellent stopping capabilities.
- Dual front disc-brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel. This helps to prevent buildup of debris between caliper and rim and ensures consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wear material with improved durability, feel and control. Pads have an internal scraper that gives audible warning when pad life is low.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Flag Kit
- Rear Accessory Socket
- Front 12-inch Alloy Wheel
- Rear 12-inch Alloy Wheel
2011 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4X4 ES TRX500FE - Specifications
American MSRP: See Dealer for Details USD
Canadian MSRP: See Dealer for Details
Engine Type 475cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore And Stroke 92mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ratio 8.5:1
Induction 36mm constant velocity carburetor
Ignition CD with electronic advance
Starter Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline Direct front and rear driveshafts with Traxlok and torque-sensitive front differential
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
Front Suspension Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 inches of travel
Rear Suspension Swingarm with dual shocks; 6.7 inches of travel
Front Brakes Dual hydraulic 180mm discs
Rear Brakes Sealed 180mm mechanical drum
Front Tires 25 x 8-12
Rear Tires 25 x 10-12
Length 83.0 inches
Width 46.8 inches
Height 46.5 inches
Wheelbase 50.7 inches
Seat Height 33.9 inches
Ground Clearance 7.5 inches
Curb Weight 637 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuelready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 4.1 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Note No operator under age 16. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
Emissions Meets current EPA and CARB off-road emissions standards.
Available Colors Red, Olive, Camo
Model Id TRX500FE
Factory Warranty Information
Duration 1 year
Description Transferable, unlimited mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel--ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.