Cruisin' by from Vancouver

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#21 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I know I was never bored even when I was just sitting in the bus observing the landscape go by. Having spent my whole life on the west coast of BC, seeing the landscape in Central Australia was quite fascinating. At one point I think I was the only one awake in our small group of people. (aside from the driver).
There was so much that was different, I didn't want to miss a thing.

Now, what's that famous Australian song.....Six White Boomers, Snow White Boomers..... :laughing: :wink:

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#22 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

blues2cruise wrote:I know I was never bored even when I was just sitting in the bus observing the landscape go by. Having spent my whole life on the west coast of BC, seeing the landscape in Central Australia was quite fascinating. At one point I think I was the only one awake in our small group of people. (aside from the driver).
There was so much that was different, I didn't want to miss a thing.

Now, what's that famous Australian song.....Six White Boomers, Snow White Boomers..... :laughing: :wink:

Kangaroo Song!

blues2cruise

#23 Unread post by blues2cruise »

honda599 wrote:PM me when your ready to ride. Have a nice route through Langley area and across Albion Ferry to Mission and back. Total ride time between 3-5 hours or less depending on how much you like to do.

Cheers

My days off are Sunday and Monday
Ok, I'll let you know. My days off are Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully it will be just a couple of more weeks before I will be able to ride. Fingers are crossed.

I looked through the rest of the photo album. I see you stopped and took a pic at the Alexandra bridge. Did you happen to stop at the rest area and walk a few minutes down the trail to the old Alexandra bridge? It's worth a stop the next time you're going through the canyon.

blues2cruise

#24 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thanks for the link, CentralOzzie. It's such a catchy tune and a cute song.

honda599
Elite
Elite

#25 Unread post by honda599 »

Hi Blues

If Alexandra bridge is in Fraser Canyon yes I have stopped at the rest stop and walked down to the old bridge.

blues2cruise

#26 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Wahoo! It won't be long before I'm back up to %100. I've started getting out on the bike over the last few days so I can build up the hand strength and stamina.
Today I went for my first mountain road ride. My friend and I rode up to the top of Mount Seymour. It was such a glorious day and riding up the road had some nice refreshing shady places. We even got see a couple of deer on the way up.

Although it was sure busy on the freeway heading back, the HOV lane was great.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#27 Unread post by Gummiente »

blues2cruise wrote:Although it was sure busy on the freeway heading back, the HOV lane was great.
Say what?! When did BC get an HOV lane? Last time I rode out that way was in '88 (was on a military tasking for the summer in Victoria) so my riding database must need an update.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

blues2cruise

#28 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Gummiente wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Although it was sure busy on the freeway heading back, the HOV lane was great.
Say what?! When did BC get an HOV lane? Last time I rode out that way was in '88 (was on a military tasking for the summer in Victoria) so my riding database must need an update.
Yes, Gummiente, a few things have changed since '88. Only a few, mind you.
The Port Mann Bridge now has an extra lane(The bridge will possibly be twinned in the next few years). The HOV on Hwy 1 has been in place for about 3 years. Not that it goes very far. It only goes from Willingdon to the Port Mann Bridge, but it sure makes a difference getting through that stretch.
There is also an HOV lane going HWY 99 from Westminster Hwy to just before the tunnel at Steveston Hwy. I went out there one day after work, and while the majority of traffic was crawling along at about 50kmh, I was in the HOV lane going 90. Sweet, indeed.

The only drawback to the HOV lanes on Hwy 1, is that some people seem to think of it as a "high speed" lane...not HOV because the lane is where you would typically find the passing lane. If a car gets caught with only the driver, they do get ticketed.

If you haven't been out here since '88, you will also find a difference on the Upper Levels Hwy in North Vancouver.
There are no more traffic lights. Several years ago, the highway finally became a highway and the streets where you used to have to stop now have overpasses and underpasses. The ferry terminal at Horseshoe Bay has also been rebuilt. It's still chaos in the busy season, though. One significant change is that you can now make reservations for your car on the ferry. So, if someone was going to come out here and wanted to take a trip to Vancouver Island, they could go on the internet to BC Ferries, and make a reservation on line.

blues2cruise

#29 Unread post by blues2cruise »

honda599 wrote:PM me when your ready to ride. Have a nice route through Langley area and across Albion Ferry to Mission and back. Total ride time between 3-5 hours or less depending on how much you like to do.

Cheers

My days off are Sunday and Monday
Do you ride in the rain or are you strictly a fair weather rider?

honda599
Elite
Elite

#30 Unread post by honda599 »

I have full riding gear for all types of weather. Have even ridden in snow and ice...no so fun though