Larry Culling
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Red 2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Beginning of a new season at last

#1 Unread post by Larry Culling »

No more winter blues in Canada. Got my bike out of mothballs to-day, the trip home from where I store it is about 90KLM. what a beautiful ride. Our first club ride of the season is scheduled for tomorrow, but the weather man says it won't happen. we will see come morning, the ride will be about 300KLM. an easy first ride for the beginning of the season. Everybody enjoy the new season and safe riding.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Beginning of a new season at last

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sounds awesome! The first ride of the year is like eating cake, you forget how much you love it till you have it again. :D

In Calgary, the winter is very cold and quite long (Late October to Early March) and getting the bike out in the winter (if possible) is always a treat, but the first spring ride... paradise. :sun:

Did you get to go out yesterday for your group ride?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Larry Culling
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Red 2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

#3 Unread post by Larry Culling »

Sorry for the delay in answering, but the weather man was right. No ride. The last two weeks our rides have been canceled because of rain. May have to change it to this Sat. as it is supposed to be nice and a high of 17. I will definitely be going for a good ride if it comes true, you have to make the best of it when you can. You guy's have had some terrible weather in the west. Just have to think positive. The bad weather here has gave me a reason to get some major jobs completed at home that might have got dragged out a little longer.

Larry

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Larry Culling wrote:...you have to make the best of it when you can... .Larry
You got it, you can't control the weather or the roads, but if you have a 30 min window, take it, the smile will last longer when you get back. :D
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#5 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Hi Larry, glad to hear you've got the bike out and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the good weather! :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun: