Islesfan91
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Re: good morning from Vancouver!

#191 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

ceemes wrote::roll: .....and you are still hanging your helmet off of your rear view mirrors.... :mrgreen:

Good to hear from you again. I was up at Burnaby Kawasaki couple of weeks back getting some parts for my old Connie, they have some nice bikes sitting there looking for owners. Been commuting by bike now for a couple of weeks, but next Friday she is going in for spring servicing and then its just a waiting game for the weather to clear and the mountain roads to dry up.
lol, that I am. It's a habit that's not going away :)

my orange/black 2011 is no longer listed on burnaby kawasaki's site, so I'm hoping someone's taken it off their hands, but I'm certainly enjoying the 2012 a whole lot more. This weekend's weather looks okay, if still a little cold, but I'll be taking the course so next weekend is the one I'll hopefully be able to get out for more than an hour or two without freezing!

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite

#192 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

BRUMBEAR wrote:black with red looks GREAT!!!!!!!Image
looking at the pictures on the thread I can see the changes with the few mods I've done on the bike (sport bars from the ninja650 shop, red steel brake lines, fender eliminator kit and led turn signals - which are WAY more visible than the stock signals)

really loving the black/red combo. would like to add some pazzo levers (black and red obviously) but haven't got around to it yet

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#193 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Roadcraft is good. I have taken a couple of classes with them. Taking another refresher next month. It's a good way to sharpen the skills after winter.

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite

#194 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

roadcraft was fantastic, will definitely be taking their grad refresher next year and enjoyed the course. Was difficult watching one of the girls grab too much front brake during the emergency braking practice, but she got up and was a bit bruised yet okay. The bike was scuffed to begin with but had some new badges of honor. Few drops in the class during the low speed stuff, but no injuries. I made it through without dropping the bike, learned a lot and had a good time. My hands were sore as hell though, death grip on the bars the first day when I was sure I was going to drop the bike, but I paid attention to what they told me and it didn't happen.

Has definitely restored some confidence and corrected some bad habits. Training is something I enjoy so I'll be looking to continue to take more courses as I go!

ps, for ceemes, I now rest the helmet on the seat ;)