IzoAzlion
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: None yet, looking at Ninja/CBR 250

Re: good morning from Vancouver!

#151 Unread post by IzoAzlion »

That picture is priceless! Cats and Rabbits get on? Never would have thought.

Beautiful pics Isles, very jealous!

Booking my CBT tomorrow but still trapped in the UK :(

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#152 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

just a quick update, still riding almost every day the weather cooperates (avoiding rain unless I happen to be out already or if it's rained for 4 days, then I need to go out regardless. I'm finding if I can't ride for more than one or two days I start getting grumpy.

Had a couple of drivers not paying attention attempt to merge ontop of me over the last week, but saw it coming and...made them aware of me. Overall, still loving it just as much if not more than when I started. Only about 3800km on the Ninja but the highlight of those so far are the Sea to Sky highway runs. Love that road!

a quick picture just because!

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#153 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

I know just what you mean about getting grumpy when you can't ride. I stalked around the house all through March grumbling about the crappy weather, April too.

I wanted to say, that orange on your Ninja is awesome. I've got a buddy who does paint, and sometime either later this season or the beginning of next I'll be shelling out some bones to him to get my Vulcan painted just about that same color. It's the sort of color that would look simply amazing under a fresh coat of wax on a bright summer day.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#154 Unread post by dr_bar »

Islesfan91 wrote:...the highlight of those so far are the Sea to Sky highway runs. Love that road!
Next, you'll have to do the loop, Sea to Sky, Pemberton to Lilloet via Duffy Lake road, to Lytton then Hope and home... Take a whole weekend and enjoy yourself. After Pemberton, you hit a couple of switch backs at the start of an incredible climb up to the interior plateau... Awesome run...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite

#155 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

dr_bar wrote:
Islesfan91 wrote:...the highlight of those so far are the Sea to Sky highway runs. Love that road!
Next, you'll have to do the loop, Sea to Sky, Pemberton to Lilloet via Duffy Lake road, to Lytton then Hope and home... Take a whole weekend and enjoy yourself. After Pemberton, you hit a couple of switch backs at the start of an incredible climb up to the interior plateau... Awesome run...
I definitely want to! I've looked up a fair amount of those routes, my only potential issue is that if I go with anyone, they need to know ahead of time I've got a bum knee that acts up after about an hour on the bike and needs about a 5 minute break to shake it off each time. I'm usually riding by myself so I don't end up slowing other people down, but I'm finding as well that I'm happiest either by myself or with 1-2 other riders. Any more than that and it doesn't feel the same.

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite

#156 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

JackoftheGreen wrote:I know just what you mean about getting grumpy when you can't ride. I stalked around the house all through March grumbling about the crappy weather, April too.

I wanted to say, that orange on your Ninja is awesome. I've got a buddy who does paint, and sometime either later this season or the beginning of next I'll be shelling out some bones to him to get my Vulcan painted just about that same color. It's the sort of color that would look simply amazing under a fresh coat of wax on a bright summer day.
thank you sir! I love the colour, and finally found a jacket and gloves that matched the bike, although the closest I could get with the helmet was red/black. My only other choice was black, but it wasn't a choice. I saw the orange and black and wanted it immediately!

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#157 Unread post by sunshine229 »

:drool: Still love your bike, Isles!!!
Andrea :sun:

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite

#158 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

sunshine229 wrote::drool: Still love your bike, Isles!!!
Thinking of switching the stock bars for sport bars but as of now it's still entirely stock. Had a chance to sit on a 650 with sport bars and loved them.

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite

#159 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

Been AWOL a bit, crashed the bike 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Icbc claim and is being repaired by the dealer. I don't remember the crash but during a left turn I am guessing I went over some gravel and went down, sliding into the curb. Nothing broken, just beat up a bit but the gear did its job. Hoping to have the bike back this week. Has been killing me to not have it during this nice weather. When I get it back, it'll have frame sliders and my new sport bars on it. Will post the before and after pics soon!

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#160 Unread post by ceemes »

Islesfan91 wrote:Been AWOL a bit, crashed the bike 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Icbc claim and is being repaired by the dealer. I don't remember the crash but during a left turn I am guessing I went over some gravel and went down, sliding into the curb. Nothing broken, just beat up a bit but the gear did its job. Hoping to have the bike back this week. Has been killing me to not have it during this nice weather. When I get it back, it'll have frame sliders and my new sport bars on it. Will post the before and after pics soon!
There ya go mate, popping yet another cherry...first a slow crash and now the big one. Glad to hear you are okay and the bike survived, although a bit dinged up. Personally I think dinged bikes have a bit of character, shows they are ridden and not just sitting at a cafe all polished up and pretty like a two bit tart.
Always ask why.