Chinese motorcycles, give me your view

englishmaninchina
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Loncin

Chinese motorcycles, give me your view

#1 Unread post by englishmaninchina »

China Motor Magazine would like to hear some success stories regarding Chinese motorcycles. After so many horror stories regarding the 1st wave of exported models the general report around the world now is more encouraging. Do you have a success story? I’d appreciate it if you would share it with me and I’ll print your opinion in next month’s China Motor Magazine.

Cheers

Dave

dablade
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 2005 Yamaha FJR 1300, 2004 GL1800 ABS

Re: Chinese motorcycles, give me your view

#2 Unread post by dablade »

:thumbsup: Dave,
Feel free to send me any two demo models, and I would be glad to put many miles on them in a variety of conditions. I would then be glad to eloquently express my unbiased opinions regarding each of them.

Regards,

Perry

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#3 Unread post by Wrider »

Ummmm haven't found one that made it more than 5000 miles without a serious failure in the frame, engine, transmission, suspension, or any combination of the above.
Except for Hyosung GT650R, but then again that's an exact copy of the Suzuki SV650S and leaves a lot of fit and finish to be desired.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by HYPERR »

Wrider wrote: Except for Hyosung GT650R, but then again that's an exact copy of the Suzuki SV650S and leaves a lot of fit and finish to be desired.
That is because Hyosung is a South Korean company. Anything out of South Korea is far superior to the dodo from China.

This is actually a huge problem for South Korean and many other Asian (except for Japan) companies. They get mistaken for being Chinese. Many Asian names ending in "ng" are often associated with being Chinese by most Westerners. Japanese being so different from other Asian languages and being mostly vowels and ending in vowels do not have that problem.

In fact, I see Chinese naming their companies to sound Japanese, American, or European to try to deceive the unsuspecting public. They also use just the initials as well in an attempt to conceal the fact that they are Chinese.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#5 Unread post by Wrider »

You're right, I was half asleep when I posted that haha...

So back to the OP, yep not a single good thing, and I will take back that statement about 5000 miles... I change it to 2000 lol.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#6 Unread post by pchast »

We have had a CF Moto V5 for a few years now. My wife's, its had only ~2000 miles.

Starts and runs every time. Fit and finish is not spectacular. The only problem so far
was a pinched wire to a front turn signal.

I've cleaned and inspected the CV transmission and all weld joints when it was naked
for an oil and coolant change and no problems found yet.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#7 Unread post by madjak30 »

I've hear nothing but good about the Konker 200SM...I think that bike has been upgraded to a 250cc now, but I'm not sure what availability is like...I heard there were some issues with the importer...but not the bikes!!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#8 Unread post by ceemes »

Top Gear UK did a spot on the Chinese automotive industry a couple of weeks back and after their (Clarkson and May) usual mucking about came to in interesting conclusion. They concluded that yes, compared to western and other Asian auto makers, the Chinese still lag behind in terms of fit, finish, quality and the like, however compared to where they were five years ago (think a horrible under powered and miserably unstable Robin Reliant three wheeler, only worse), they have made stunning leaps forward in all those categories (think early to mid 90's Big Four compact models, only with better bells and whistles). And if they keep up that pace, they should be world class in only a few years time. Now if the Chinese bike makers follow suite, we may just be changing our tune about them fairly soon.
Always ask why.