scooter12
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Honda Rebel 250/ Roketa Bali 250

Hello from Missouri

#1 Unread post by scooter12 »

My wife and I live in the Jefferson City area, in Missouri.. My wife owns a Honda Rebel 250 and I own a Roketa Bali 250( a Chinamens Scooter) lol... I got 6300 miles on the Bali 250 and my wife bought her Honda Rebel new, but left over from 2009- she has only put 100 miles on it. I traveled Slater MO to Booneville and Columbia MO.. Traveled Belle MO to Rosebud and Linn MO.. Traveled Holts Summit to Marshall MO. Just real familiar with central Missouri area. Been riding 22 years on scooters( 49cc scooters to 250cc scoots). But Chinese scooters, once one gets the bugs out, runs as good as a Honda. In fact, the Bali 250 scooter is a copycat scooter. Copied from the Honda Foresight 250 body style- the Foresight was only produced in Asia and Europe. The Bali engine is a copycat engine of the Honda Helix 250- parts are interchangeable. It is called the 172mm engine, CN250, 244cc engine... all are the same.
Attachments
212.JPG
212.JPG (115.16 KiB) Viewed 6100 times

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Hello from Missouri

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello there Charles and welcome to the forum.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Haeberle
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2009 Harley Sportster Custom 883

#3 Unread post by Haeberle »

Welcome to the forums.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#4 Unread post by Hanson »

Welcome Charles, welcome!
ImageImage

sunandmoonschild
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: 2003 Shadow 750 & 1996 Virago 535

#5 Unread post by sunandmoonschild »

Hello to all! I'm new to the forum as well. I have a 2003 Honda Shadow 750 and a Virago 535. I was in my first accident three weeks ago as well. Kind of having a tough time of "getting back on the horse." The fear keeps biting me in the keester!

Any advice other than "get over it"? LOL

I was run off the road by a distracted driver who took their corner too fast and ended up in my lane. It was either go through their windshield or go to the ditch. I laid the bike down and tried to get it off the road as fast as possible... I just forgot to get me off the road with it.

Thirteen stitches in my forehead and lots of open road rash but, thankfully to God, not one single broken bone. The Shadow suffered a broken windshield, bent riser and a bent to hell headlamp basket but, other than those things, came out of the ordeal in magnificent style much to my surprise.

But now my brain is stuck on stupid and replays the moment my face smashed the pavement over and over and over and over until I've got so much anxiety about riding again I can't even work on the bike let alone think about riding it. I did so love riding too. Now I'm just terrified at this point. I even tried to ride the 535 and was white knuckled in doing so even though it was just around the block.

My family is alllllllllllllll for me NEVER riding again... but I just feel like if I don't get back to it; I'm going to really regret it.
Attachments
mebw2.jpg
mebw2.jpg (20.51 KiB) Viewed 5865 times
-Twila

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#6 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello Twila and welcome to the forum. I know what your going through, I wiped out on my Triumph, many moons ago, and spent time in the ICU with a cracked noggin. All I can say is take your time and it will get better, and get yourself a full-face helmet.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

+1 on the full face helmet.

Welcome to the forums.

Baby steps. That's how you get back at it.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#8 Unread post by dr_bar »

Find a supportive friend to help you through all those baby steps. Ban your famy from making negative comments about riding. You don't need that, you need support. We all know the risks we take when we throw a leg over, so reminding us is just being bully(ish) and causes more anxiety. Most important, believe in yourself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

sunandmoonschild
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: 2003 Shadow 750 & 1996 Virago 535

#9 Unread post by sunandmoonschild »

Well... be proud! I took the Virago out this morning to work. White knuckled and terrified the whole way and just about cried my eyes out when I finally arrived at work safely. I was greeted by one of my favorite friends who came outside smiling and congratulating me because he knew just what a big deal it truly was for me to do so.
And then on the way back to the house for lunch, a lovely idiot in a white two door started to drift into my lane coming straight at me. Talk about deja vu! I laid on the horn and screamed and got on the brake. This time the guy looked up and snapped right back into his lane. I had to pull over and toss my cookies but, finally, made it back to the house for lunch where I parked the Virago and climbed into the truck to go back to work.

Baby steps... I keep telling myself baby steps. But if that guy would have ran me off the road like the last guy did the charges against me once I caught up to him wouldn't have been juvenile at all! LOL
-Twila

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#10 Unread post by dr_bar »

Maybe a horn upgrade is due...

These will work quite well...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Loud-AIR-HORN-W ... 1045924884