09 Suzuki Boulavard M109

Island66
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: N/A

09 Suzuki Boulavard M109

#1 Unread post by Island66 »

Looking for opinions on a 2009 1700 Suzuki Boulavard I am looking to purchase, has 17k km on it (10,500 mi), is in very good condition, asking price $9,500 canadian, any comments would be appreciated

JackoftheGreen
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: 09 Suzuki Boulavard M109

#2 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Asking price is a tad high, KBB puts the '09 M109 at $8,450 USD, slightly higher for the Limited, which comes out to about $9020 CAD according to Google. I'll wager the seller is either trying to recoup some of what they spent in accessories or they're just leaving themselves some wiggle room. Mileage sounds fine, I think you could find one with lower mileage if you stuck at it but really, someone who RIDES their bike probably takes care of it.

Don't let the seller inflate the price too much to pay for their accessories, everyone tries and everyone knows it's a fools errand. Especially in the cruiser segment, because most buyers intend to put on their own custom accessories anyway (that is, the style they'd choose rather than what the previous owner chose for them). So unless you really like his custom work and he wont negotiate, you should be able to get them to come down a bit.

As for the bike, the M109 is a solid cruiser. It's also a beast though, and wouldn't be a good choice for a new or returning rider. Do you have the experience for a snorter like that?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: 09 Suzuki Boulavard M109

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Suzuki World in Surrey has a 2010 for $8999

You better keep looking.