Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 1981 Yamaha Seca 750

Howdy from Colorado

#1 Unread post by wcbroad »

Howdy all:

Thought I should get my Photos up of the bike to show you all, especially since i've been asking question about it already.

I picked this bike up off a guy you had it out back of his house for sometime so it was in pretty bad shape.

Old gas and pretty much all the rubber and the seat was rotted on the bike, but lucky for me no rust in tanks or carbs just lots of sludge.
and at some point someone had cut the exhaust off to try and make it louder, Ebay really is your friend for parts.
Would like to say it only had 19k miles on it, kinda what helped me decided to spend the time working on it.
1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca

Image Image

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: Howdy from Colorado

#2 Unread post by dr_bar »

Looks pretty good, tough break on the dent...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

wcbroad
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 1981 Yamaha Seca 750

#3 Unread post by wcbroad »

Yeah that dent sucks it's a bad crease one too, only two options i have is get it spot welded and pulled out or just putty it over then paint it.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#4 Unread post by Hanson »

First, let me welcome you to the forum and thanks for posting photos of your bike.

I remember 1981 rather well and I was in love with your bike. It was, however, an unattainable dream back in those days. I had had a Honda CB400T but I sold it when I could not afford a set of new tiers so the idea of buying a new motorcycle was just beyond anything that was ever going to happen. That said, I sat on a brand new red Seca in the dealership and I would have stayed all day except they kicked me out because of all the drool. I loved that bike and I thank you for posting pictures of your bike that you have brought back from the grave.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage