Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area

Honey Badger
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 13 GSXR1000; 07 Triumph Daytona (race)

Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area

#1 Unread post by Honey Badger »

Hello, came across the forum on a search for something, seemed interesting so decided to join! A bit about me:

Went through the MSF 10 years ago in Wisconsin. A year later moved to California and haven't looked back. I've gone through a few bikes, currently have a 2013 GSXR1000 for the street and my current race/track beast is my 2007 Triumph Daytona 675.

Rode a lot of street with no formal instruction until I really got into trackdays in 2012, which eventually led to getting my race license and really getting started in that part way through last year. Barring some unforseen instance, this year will be my first full season racing. I think I spent the vast majority of my first two years on track just breaking all the bad habits I had established over years off improper street riding.

Started teaching intro classes and intermediate classes last year, have now been doing some C/B group track instruction. I have ZERO natural talent for the sport, but a passion and drive that keeps me coming back - but some of that makes me a good coach because none of this came naturally other than the desire to be out there, doing it!

Riding and racing are my passions, even if I'm not that great at it yet - looking forward to reading the forums and getting to know you guys!
AFM #302​

​Special thanks to my 2015 sponsors!

RiderzLaw; Dunlop Race Tires; Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning; MotoSport; Woodcraft; Shoei Helmets; Moto Shop; Precision Trackdays; Erich Stiegler Farmer's Insurance; Speed Mob; Cycle Gear; AXO; Driven Racing; City Bike; Chicken Hawk Racing

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"
"Try not, do or do not. There is no try"

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area

#2 Unread post by dr_bar »

Welcome to TMW, hope to read a lot about your experiences...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:welcome: