juntjoo
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 82 Honda Nighthawk

Just registered. 1st two threads i created don't exist

#1 Unread post by juntjoo »

"The requested topic does not exist" it says under them in my settings page under "followed" or "subscribed" threads. What do I need to do?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Just registered. 1st two threads i created don't exist

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

They didn't show up because new users need to get a post approved....we get a lot of SPAM so we take a look at a post first.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Yup, just takes time, myself and our awesome mods personally review each and every new post for approval from our new members, just to make sure it isn't spam. This makes the Total Motorcycle community one of the best out there to belong to*. :)

* Plus less fattening from :spam:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

juntjoo
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by juntjoo »

Cool, okay, so I'm in? I'll find out...

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#5 Unread post by Johnj »

Yo Juntjoo as soon as we see a picture of your sweet Nighthawk, your in. :lol:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

juntjoo
Regular
Regular

#6 Unread post by juntjoo »

I thought I WAS already in. Anyway, it's shy right now. A little naked and not up and running. Stupid seller couldn't tell me the petcock was leaking. I mean, he went far enough to say it's been sitting in the garage for years, no guarantees, but it's obviously clean, no rust so the getting it going shouldn't be too extensive. So far I've only noticed the petcock and front brakes system is all dried out, so maybe a flush... Some people ... Shady. Who knows, maybe there's a dead rat he left inside one of the pistons. Anyway, it does look good, electrical works, cranks nice. Might need some carb cleaning. My phone cam doesn't work so well. Well the front/selfie one does but that is an awkward pic to take. I'll get one up soon enough. It's a nice bike. I passed up a running 550 from a nice non-shady seller cuz it was all ugly. Rust here and there and weathering all over but man, ran nice for an 83. And $800. I just didn't want to spend my weekends cleaning/restoring part after part. This one I got won't need much more once I get it going. Okay, gotta pee...

juntjoo
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by juntjoo »

And of course the 82 has the most expensive non-serviceable petcock. Well, it's it's serviceable if you put some work into it. Every other petcock out there is $20-40. It's like they said, 'well if instead of screws we put in rivits they won't be able to fix it, and then we can put a $130 price tag on it which they'll have to pay and all the suckers who bought this model will make us rich! Har har har....'

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#8 Unread post by dr_bar »

juntjoo wrote:And of course the 82 has the most expensive non-serviceable petcock. Well, it's it's serviceable if you put some work into it. Every other petcock out there is $20-40. It's like they said, 'well if instead of screws we put in rivits they won't be able to fix it, and then we can put a $130 price tag on it which they'll have to pay and all the suckers who bought this model will make us rich! Har har har....'
See if there is another petcock that will fit???

Maybe???

http://www.jcwhitney.com/p2028731/sku-1014454.jcwx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

juntjoo
Regular
Regular

#9 Unread post by juntjoo »

dr_bar wrote:
juntjoo wrote:And of course the 82 has the most expensive non-serviceable petcock. Well, it's it's serviceable if you put some work into it. Every other petcock out there is $20-40. It's like they said, 'well if instead of screws we put in rivits they won't be able to fix it, and then we can put a $130 price tag on it which they'll have to pay and all the suckers who bought this model will make us rich! Har har har....'
See if there is another petcock that will fit???

Maybe???

http://www.jcwhitney.com/p2028731/sku-1014454.jcwx
Thanks. I'll double check but I think mine is 20mm x 1.0 thread. Also it's got the nipple pointing backwards. Well it should. I've considered a couple BMW's that have the same threads but nipple pointing down or to the side and that might be too tight a fit the way my engine is set up. Today I'm going look around town and see if I can find an adapter to connect the tank to a similar Honda petcock with a more popular 18mm x 1.5 or other thread. Otherwise I may find, if possible, a single small tap and thread those holes they put rivits in and try to rebuild mine. Not sure exactly where it's leading from so I'll have to play with it. Leaks on open and reserve but not off so I'm thinking that means that that four hole gasket right there is good (right?) and that it would be the one at the bottom where the filter is, or maybe EVEN that little bottom tub part just wasn't tight enough. My thinking is that since in off position it was fine then all those rubber parts behind the switch are good. Gonna get an eye dropper and carefully put water in to see what's going on if I can't find a solution to adapt a new cheaper one. Thanks