Maintinance misconceptions on Yamaha 110 Stars...or are they

CORSCO
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by CORSCO »

NorthernPete wrote:Hey CORSCO, think of all the time you've wasted changing perfectly good black sludge!
Now thats funny!
CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE REGULARLY!!!

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#12 Unread post by MotoF150 »

Ohhh, I keep forgetting some of you guys are experts, you can tell by looking at the color of the oil that the oil needs changed or not, but you never think about when the oil looks black that means the oil is doing its job by cleaning or keeping the inside of the engine clean, but the more you do change ur oil ur doing harm to ur engine, you guys never think about what happens right after you start up ur bike when ur done changing ur oil and filter, ur running the engine dry until the new oil is circulated thru the engine, it takes time to fill up that new filter and have the new oil move up to the top of the engine, its NOT like a car engine with a big gpm oil pump with 30 to 60 psi oil pressure. The more times you change ur oil the more times you are running that engine without oil. Some bikes have oil pumps, some do not, once you guys figure that out maybe you will see the light and take my advice, We We We just wanta Hel-p youuu.
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

CORSCO
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#13 Unread post by CORSCO »

MotoF150 wrote:Ohhh, I keep forgetting some of you guys are experts, you can tell by looking at the color of the oil that the oil needs changed or not, but you never think about when the oil looks black that means the oil is doing its job by cleaning or keeping the inside of the engine clean, but the more you do change ur oil ur doing harm to ur engine, you guys never think about what happens right after you start up ur bike when ur done changing ur oil and filter, ur running the engine dry until the new oil is circulated thru the engine, it takes time to fill up that new filter and have the new oil move up to the top of the engine, its NOT like a car engine with a big gpm oil pump with 30 to 60 psi oil pressure. The more times you change ur oil the more times you are running that engine without oil. Some bikes have oil pumps, some do not, once you guys figure that out maybe you will see the light and take my advice, We We We just wanta Hel-p youuu.
Just stop. You make my head hurt.

bok
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#14 Unread post by bok »

ur running the engine dry until the new oil is circulated thru the engine,
this is why i pick my bike up and shake it around for 5 minutes to make sure that there oil gets up in dere
[url=http://www.toocoolmotorcycleschool.com]Best Motorcycle School[/url]
[url=http://flickr.com/groups/tmw/]Post your Pics[/url]
[url=http://www.californiabikenights.com/learn/]Learn to Ride[/url]

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#15 Unread post by MotoF150 »

on a 4 stroke overhead valve MOTORCYCLE engine, do you guys understand how the oil is moved up to the head? Your motorcycle engine isnot a lawn mower or a car engine, im just trying to help you guys,
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

CORSCO
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#16 Unread post by CORSCO »

MotoF150 wrote:Ohhh, I keep forgetting some of you guys are experts, you can tell by looking at the color of the oil that the oil needs changed or not, but you never think about when the oil looks black that means the oil is doing its job by cleaning or keeping the inside of the engine clean, but the more you do change ur oil ur doing harm to ur engine, you guys never think about what happens right after you start up ur bike when ur done changing ur oil and filter, ur running the engine dry until the new oil is circulated thru the engine, it takes time to fill up that new filter and have the new oil move up to the top of the engine, its NOT like a car engine with a big gpm oil pump with 30 to 60 psi oil pressure. The more times you change ur oil the more times you are running that engine without oil. Some bikes have oil pumps, some do not, once you guys figure that out maybe you will see the light and take my advice, We We We just wanta Hel-p youuu.
Once you tell me what motorcycle does not have an oil pump, then we'll talk.
Unless you have your LAWN-BOY engine in your M50.

CORSCO
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#17 Unread post by CORSCO »

<DOUBLE-CLICK FAULT>