Swift Motorcycle Issues

imcrash224
Rookie
Rookie

Swift Motorcycle Issues

#1 Unread post by imcrash224 »

Have you had any problems with your Swift Motorcycle?

I bought a 2004 Swift Tormentor and I have had nothing but problems with it. It's been in the shop many, many times (electrical problems, parts falling off, defective parts etc) This is a brand new $30,000 motorcycle that breaks down constantly!!

I am trying to get Swift to refund my money under the Lemon Law and I am looking for other people that have had problems with their Swift motorcycles.

Send me an email. Has anyone else filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Phoenix? (Swift is based in Arizona) [email protected] or the Phoenix Attorney General? [email protected] If you haven't yet, make sure that you do!!

I have heard many people saying they have had their Swift Mortorcycle in repair shops 15-20 times after only having it about a year or so.

Did you know that some Harley Davidson dealerships not only will not work on a Swift Motorcycle, but they won't take them in as a trade either.

Swift feels that as long as they replace the "warranty" parts, I should not have anything to complain about. How about the months worth of cummulative time my bike spends in a repair shop?? It broke down at 4 am and had to get it towed...$150 for the tow and Swift said that was MY problem. In two years Swift has never apologized to me for any inconvience my purchase may have caused me. They just claim they are doing "everything they can" to resolve the problem.

I wish I never bought the damn thing. Please let me know how your's is doing. We need to band together against Swift and alert people of the problems we have had with Swift Motorcycles!!

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

I have no idea what that is. Why would you spend that much on a motorcycle?
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#3 Unread post by High_Side »

Sounds like an after-market Harley clone. If it is should you be surprised that it doesn't have the reliability and corporate backing of something that is made in a real factory?

paul246
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#4 Unread post by paul246 »

Swift caters to the RUB crowd that can substitute cash for wrenching ability.

These bikes are show pieces, not serious motorcycles. The bikes don't have the ergonomics or engineering to be taken more than 30 miles from home, which suits most of their owners just fine. That is the crowd they cater toward.

So, either learn to reattach parts yourself, or at least give the bike a thorough pre-ride inspection before setting out... or be prepared to thin your billfold on a regular basis.

Its ironic that the original choppers were built, ridden and repaired by real motorcyclists. The bikes were individual works that spoke for the owner.

Now, the chopper falls into a specific market that is high priced and attracts just the opposite type of owner from those that started the trend.

I don't fault your ability to spend $30,000.00 on a motorcycle, but question why you would spend 30K on a machine that has no real engineering ( as in professional engineer) behind it.
There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle.

Honda XR650L Dual-Sport

funnyitalian
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Re: Swift Motorcycle Issues

#5 Unread post by funnyitalian »

I had a 2005 Swift Tormentor. I put about 1500 miles on it through winter riding. Within 6 months it was in the shop a total of 19 times. I would ride it and it was down for a week. Parts falling off, Bolts snapping, Carb mis adjusted and poor parts put on. The local shop ALL OUTDOORS MOTORSPORTS sucked, they kept putting cheap bolts back on and they kept breaking. They jammed the headlight assembly on in such a manner ( because it kept coming loose) the whole entire beezle and glass went flying off the bike at 60MPH on the highway at night GREAT JOB GUYS. They couldn't even adjust the carb setting correctly. I called the manufacturer and spoke with one of there Warranty reps. She told me that my best bet was to sell the bike. LOL what a joke. So I got a lawyer. Swift Settled out of court for the full price. They handled it very quickly and payment was very prompt. I feel that there bikes are gorgeous to look at , and got me laid over and over again. However, they are not built for any type of riding. I think they nee dto start using quility parts and start backing up there product instead of blowing people off. What could have cost less then 1k in parts cost them 30k on a settlement, plus the bad publicity. BAD Business

imcrash224 wrote:Have you had any problems with your Swift Motorcycle?

I bought a 2004 Swift Tormentor and I have had nothing but problems with it. It's been in the shop many, many times (electrical problems, parts falling off, defective parts etc) This is a brand new $30,000 motorcycle that breaks down constantly!!

I am trying to get Swift to refund my money under the Lemon Law and I am looking for other people that have had problems with their Swift motorcycles.

Send me an email. Has anyone else filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Phoenix? (Swift is based in Arizona) [email protected] or the Phoenix Attorney General? [email protected] If you haven't yet, make sure that you do!!

I have heard many people saying they have had their Swift Mortorcycle in repair shops 15-20 times after only having it about a year or so.

Did you know that some Harley Davidson dealerships not only will not work on a Swift Motorcycle, but they won't take them in as a trade either.

Swift feels that as long as they replace the "warranty" parts, I should not have anything to complain about. How about the months worth of cummulative time my bike spends in a repair shop?? It broke down at 4 am and had to get it towed...$150 for the tow and Swift said that was MY problem. In two years Swift has never apologized to me for any inconvience my purchase may have caused me. They just claim they are doing "everything they can" to resolve the problem.

I wish I never bought the damn thing. Please let me know how your's is doing. We need to band together against Swift and alert people of the problems we have had with Swift Motorcycles!!

hd89fxrs
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Swift Issues

#6 Unread post by hd89fxrs »

I have an 06 Barchopper that has been nothing short of a nightmare. I contacted my lawyer and he said I have a good case. I am curious to hear of anyone who has gone down this path and what process they followed. Please email me directly as I would like to move forward on this as quickly as possible. Thank you so much!

Doug

email
[email protected]

Fat Boy
Veteran
Veteran

#7 Unread post by Fat Boy »

DivideOverflow wrote:I have no idea what that is. Why would you spend that much on a motorcycle?
Here is their WEB Site:
http://www.swiftmotorcycle.com/index.cfm

Enjoy the pictures.....

trauser
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by trauser »

I have a 2004 bar chopper itn has a 113 in it the motor is great now the baker in it now thats another matter i went threw 3 of them 2 mirrors and get this 1of the handel bar studs broke 10 minutes earler i was movin at about 110mph

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: Swift Motorcycle Issues

#9 Unread post by Gummiente »

funnyitalian wrote:I feel that there bikes are gorgeous to look at , and got me laid over and over again.
So what are you going to do when you sell it? :)
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

trauser
Rookie
Rookie

barchopper

#10 Unread post by trauser »

Im not going to sell the bike . just because of some isues iv hade it this long im not going to change now