Convince me to buy a Yamaha TX500

imorgan202
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Convince me to buy a Yamaha TX500

#1 Unread post by imorgan202 »

I have a '71 Honda CL350. Great bike. However, I am interested in the possibility of a larger bike that I could still turn into a cafe racer this winter.

Does anyone here ride a Yamaha TX500 (the one I'm looking at is a '73)? I know the 350 is so plentiful that parts are available everywhere. Is this true for the Yamaha?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Ian

imorgan202
Regular
Regular

#2 Unread post by imorgan202 »

Nobody, huh?

MissFabulous
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#3 Unread post by MissFabulous »

Hi! Found your post while researching this bike myself. Some friends of mine just picked up a '73 TX500 to fix up for me. Parts can be hard to find as these bikes are somewhat rare since they weren't made for long. I hear they have valve problems, but with mine, my buds have a '76 engine they're putting into it. I've managed to find some part numbers here and there for different things and have heard some talk that a lot of the 750 parts will fit, but time will tell. They're nice looking, classic bikes, so if you can get one running (or close to it) at a good price, why not go for it? Can always part it out on ebay (or to me lol) if you can't get what you need. Just my thoughts.