CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

STREET ROD

#1 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

I know it's early days, but what do you think of the NEW Street Rod?

Clickable Thumbnail!

This is cool!
Last edited by CentralOzzy on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum

#2 Unread post by keysman »

I like everything about the Street Rod over the VROD except for the styling. I like the simple look of the VROD over the street rod, it's a cleaner looking bike.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

houk
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#3 Unread post by houk »

While its not something I would go and buy (unless I come into big money) it is nice. I think I'll keep my Sporty. :mrgreen:
04 HD XL1200R

75 Suzuki GT 550

muz
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by muz »

The latest Cycle World has a writeup of it....looks interesting. Won't do well with the typical Harley buyer, but might attract some from outside the fold. The forward-leaning riding position looks like it begs for a small windshield or deflector.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcharley/05_06_Streetrod/
81 CB900
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul

TechTMW
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2005 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by TechTMW »

They corrected everything I didn't like about the V-Rod. Better lean angle, better peg position, more fuel capacity, shortened rake/trail ...

They didn't do as well in the looks dept, but wtf do I care about looks? My current bike is something 23 yrs old that I rescued from a junkyard...

It very well could be my next bike!
“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”
- Soren Kierkegaard (19th century Danish philosopher)

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#6 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

For some reason the darker Street Rod (Black?) does not look as nice as the Yellow or Orange one!

I'm thinking this will be a nice bike to have in the collection though.
I don't care about the price tag now cause if I decide to get one I'll buy a 2nd hand one & make the saving there.

Last edited by CentralOzzy on Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TechTMW
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2005 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by TechTMW »

I don't think the pic is working because it needs a .jpg or similar image suffix...
“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”
- Soren Kierkegaard (19th century Danish philosopher)

keysman

#8 Unread post by keysman »

Here are some of the things that are different about the Street Rod vs. the VRod with a lot of my opinions interjected.

Everything about the Street Rod is better than the VROD except for the looks. It's all HD'ed out now. It's not clean and reserved. The gas tank is bigger now, 5 gal instead of 3.7 gal. You can get more lean angle. The forks have been changed to inverted ones, the fork angle is down to 32 degrees from 38. The pegs are under your feet instead of out in front. It's got Brembos now. With the revised bars, you can either hunch over, sportbike style or sit back. The wheels are 10 spoke instead of that solid rim crap-o-la.

I like the pipes better on the VROD, they have a contour to them. The Street ROD just has big straight pipes. The Street ROD is upgraded with more chrome that I could do without. The thing I like the least is the paint job on the faux tank. I liked the simple HD raised logo better. I also hate the louver chrome things right in front of the tank. They say the seat is hard but comfortable even for long rides. There is no shield or fly screen on the Street Rod. That bike is also a lot of money at $16.5K. Plus you would need to add those beetle bags from Corbin which look sweet but are also expensive if you wanted to do any touring. For the screen, you could install the Corbin Trim Tab, which looks like it should work well.

Here is a good review and lots of big images...
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_P ... cleID=1899#

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#9 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

keysman wrote: Here is a good review and lots of big images...
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_P ... cleID=1899#
Thanks Keysman for the Link, very interesting reading.

Last edited by CentralOzzy on Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

keysman

#10 Unread post by keysman »

An option for posting pictures is Photobucket. I would really recomend them for posting and shaing photos online especially for forums like this. They make it very easy to upload images from your computer and they make it very easy to add links to your pictures in your posts. The code is already there for you all you have to do is copy and paste it into your posts. Actually you don't even have to copy, just click and it's copied to your clipboard. Check it out it's free and they won't spam you. They have some limits on file size but I think it's 250 kb, should be more than enough for any image you'll post online.

http://www.photobucket.com