SV650S or 650 Bandit

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#11 Unread post by kabob983 »

macktruckturner wrote:the S has clipons, "rearsets" and the half fairing. Otherwise they're they same motorcycle. I've got a double bubble screen on mine that makes a huge difference in wind blast compared to the stock screen.

Congrats on the purchase, if it has two wheels, and you ride it - that's all that matters :)
Does that include Segways and bicycles?
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

macktruckturner
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#12 Unread post by macktruckturner »

yes. 8)

mrchen
Rookie
Rookie

#13 Unread post by mrchen »

I am a slightly biased 2001 Bandit 600S owner. The bandit out powers the little twin by 15 hp stock and its capable of much more. The Bandit standard riding position is much more comfortable and if I want to get sporty I duck behind my fairing and let it rip. The passenger seating position on the SV is high and uncomfortable, the Bandit passenger rides just inches higher than the rider on a standard seat.

The after market has been kind to the bandit and so much is available, rearsets, bodywork, pipes, cams, big bore kits, anything you want.

To me it was no comparison, Ill take the Bandit S model any day............, well I did!

macktruckturner
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#14 Unread post by macktruckturner »

we should go ride North Georgia sometime :)

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#15 Unread post by Mintbread »

mrchen wrote: The after market has been kind to the bandit and so much is available, rearsets, bodywork, pipes, cams, big bore kits, anything you want.
That is because the Bandit is a keeper. Once you ride one you will never get tired of the comfort or the surprising amount of performance.
Accessory manufacturers have realised this and provide a stack of great add-ons and upgrades to make the bike even better.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]