High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Any old Viffer fans out there????

#1 Unread post by High_Side »

Ever since the original Interceptor I have always been interested in VFRs.
This was pumped up the day that my buddies dad bought one of the first VF1000Rs in Canada, and it wasn't long before we had it to 150mph....(sorry buddies dad :twisted: )
Over the years as the VFR evolved in to an old guys bike, I had ridden them but they were never quite as fast or sharp handling as what I ended up buying. Now that they go for relatively cheap I picked up one of my favorite-vintage VFRs as a project......the 1996!
It doesn't have as sharp as lines as the '90-'93 but it is lighter and sportier. An '85 VF1000R would have been great fun but the old-school suspension and wheel sizes would have cut in to the good times.
So far the Viffer feels great, has great tank range but feels fairly underpowered.... I am hoping to take it on tour next spring before I decide where to move to from here.
So does anyone else ride older vintage viffers? Lets see 'em!

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#2 Unread post by VermilionX »

i like the VFR400.

Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by JCS »

Old Viffers, huh? Nope. Not in this house!

I have a 84 VF1000F that I have owned a long time. It is still a daily rider. It is used for sport riding, commuting, pack mule service and touring. This thing has been darn near bullet-proof.

My wife rides a 86 VFR750. This bike is definitely NOT the sport-tourer of the later generations. We stumbled into this one about 3 years ago with inly 3200 miles on it. She has a little over 20k now. This bike is a blast to ride! This bike also gets used for most any purpose you can think of.

Both of these bikes are old tech compared to the new stuff. They still have as much power and speed as any person could need for street use. They will both gererate go directly to jail speed and still be comfy enough for 750+ mile days. Load up the camping gear and we can stay out as long as we want.

I have to admit that sometimes it is fun to pull in behind some squid with the latest rocket and park on their taillight for a while. When I get bored and decide playtimes over just go on by and wave. Later when they figure out that they just got dusted by an old guy on a 20+ year old bike with a tank bag and saddlebags....priceless!
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#4 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

Haven't seen my old blog?

Still have the 84 VF700F in our garage.. if anyone wants it.
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold