2001 Victory V92C

mustangski
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

2001 Victory V92C

#1 Unread post by mustangski »

Ok, here it is. I have put 400 miles on the bike since I bought it on Friday. Keep in mind when reading this that I am a fairly new rider as I have only been on bikes for about two years now. The only other bikes I have ridden that I can compare this to are an 1984 Honda Magna V45, and a 2000 Harley sportster 1200. So my bike experience is limited. I also wasn’t sure exactly how to write this so I stole the format from Gummiente’s last review. (I’ll send a royalty check). I am mid-beer while writing this so keep all spelling and grammar comments to yourselves, thank you.

Performance: The power is definitely there when you need it. I am by no means a power or speed freak, but when you roll on the throttle this bike gets up and goes. After trading the sportster’s 1200cc motor for this 1507cc, I can really tell the difference. Even with me and the wife with both saddle bags loaded the bike pulled hard and I didn’t have any problems passing other vehicles. The bike rode smooth with very little vibration, which is an outstanding improvement especially coming off of a solid mount sportster. The bike comes from factory with Marzocchi forks and a Fox rear shock that is set up hidden like a soft tail. The only problem with the ride is when there is a sudden change in the roadway, like when entering a bridge, it almost seems as though the suspension couldn’t keep up and felt as if the rear of the bike left the ground. The brakes made me nervous at first because it only has a single front and single rear disc; both however are made by Brembo and stopped this 637 pound bike fairly easily. I would still like to see a dual front setup. The transmission shifts hard much like the sportster did, however I have come to like that. I feel ensure that the trans is in gear.

Handling: Obviously handling is not what the sportster had. The larger tires at first made cornering at lower speeds difficult, but I quickly grew accustomed to them and now it is just as easy. The riding position is extremely comfortable, as well as the large stock seat. To describe the comfort of the ride in one word “floorboards”. I don’t know how I ever lived without them.

Misc: The bike had a Memphis shades windshield already one it and the size is perfect. Almost no wind buffeting at highway speeds. At first I was unimpressed with the instrument cluster, it is mounted inside the top of the headlight bezel. But it grew on me as being different, something you just don’t see. The only problem is that at speeds of 60-70 mph the needle is blocking the multi-function display. So reading the tripometer is almost impossible (I like to keep track of mileage, it’s a weird gas mileage phobia). The bike is fuel injected which to me is a large step up and something that I definitely wanted in my search for a new bike. The last and greatest selling point is that nobody has one. Rarely do you see a Victory motorcycle let alone a V92C, and since as of this year Victory stopped making the V92C I suppose it will remain in small numbers. The bike gets a lot of looks just because people don’t know what it is. It has that great classic look of an old bike, but with the new bike upgrades.
2001 Victory V92C
2002 Honda Shadow 600 (Finally gettin my wife ridin!)
2000 Harley Davidson Sportster (Sold)
1984 Honda Magna V45 (Sold)

Semper Fidelis

mustangski
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by mustangski »

Also on a seperate note, If anybody makes it down around Savannah area be sure to check out Low Country Customs. They sell mostly custom made bikes from Big Dog to Bourget, but they are also a Victory dealer which is how I wound up there. I had the bike looked over and turns out I have two recalls that need to be applied. All the people inside were extremely nice and helpfull. If nothing else stop by just to check out all the custom bikes, its like a bike show inside that place.
2001 Victory V92C
2002 Honda Shadow 600 (Finally gettin my wife ridin!)
2000 Harley Davidson Sportster (Sold)
1984 Honda Magna V45 (Sold)

Semper Fidelis