Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#41 Unread post by Nalian »

Dennis316 wrote:
Nalian wrote:
Dennis316 wrote:go read sport rider on the thruxton, its something like 900cc, and runs a 13.4 quarter mile...welcome to 2007 indeed

i ride a 2007 SV650
Neither the sportster nor the bonneville (or thruxton) are out to chase sportbikes - that's not the type of ride they are, nor are they trying to be.

They're both on par with cruisers in the same class.
considering that the thruxton is a sport bike and uses the EXACT same engine as the bonneville, i think they ARE out to chase other sportbikes...the ducati classics are fast and handle well...even though they are made to look retro as well
:laughing: Uh. No. Someone needs to learn to read better.

celt
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#42 Unread post by celt »

DivideOverflow wrote:
celt wrote:well, i picked up an '07 HD XL1200R the wed. before thanksgiving.
Well, how do you like it!? Pictures?
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER! :laughing:

i got the seat, pillion and sissybar so my wife can ride with me.
the stock seat was hard, but I probably wouldn't have changed it if I was single.

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#43 Unread post by scan »

Alrighty. Time to reel it in a bit. Triumph does make a sports bike, but it is not the Thruxton. It would be the the 675 Daytona. Or maybe the Speed or Street Tripple.

A cafe racer is not the same as a sportsbike.

And regarding reliablity, any bike today is years ahead of where the use to be, and most of the brand reliablity issue are old news. Harley don't leak oil with regularity, and Triumphs no longer shut down at the first sign of rain. These bikes are good quality, well designed bikes. If you want to buy an old bike, then you might need to look up the history of the older versions of the same model. But it doesn't relate at all to modern examples. You can't base new bikes on old stories.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#44 Unread post by Gummiente »

scan wrote:Harley don't leak oil with regularity, and Triumphs no longer shut down at the first sign of rain. These bikes are good quality, well designed bikes. If you want to buy an old bike, then you might need to look up the history of the older versions of the same model. But it doesn't relate at all to modern examples. You can't base new bikes on old stories.
You have no idea how many times and on how many forums I have tried to convey that very same message about Harleys, with very limited success. :frusty:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride