Harley XR1200

307T
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Harley XR1200

#1 Unread post by 307T »

Anyone interested in this bike yet? I've seen some estimates on HP but cannot find anything about weight. Looks like belt drive according to Cycle. Who's talking?
Back in the saddle again

Rydr
Elite
Elite

Re: Harley XR1200

#2 Unread post by Rydr »

307T wrote:Anyone interested in this bike yet? I've seen some estimates on HP but cannot find anything about weight. Looks like belt drive according to Cycle. Who's talking?
All I've seen is the same basic information that's come out since the Intermot MC show in Europe. There is some info on the British Harley Davidson site along with a poll to decide if the XR1200 will be put into production. The pole is only on European Harley sites and not in North America. As for the weight I can only guess that with the lighter swing arm and other weight saving pieces that it will come in at about 475 to 500 lbs. It looks like a great bike and I wish that Harley would have put out more information especially on their North American sites. Hope this helps a little. Rydr

307T
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by 307T »

Thanks. There have been a number of XR750 knock offs (I own one made by Bartel's) and even a few stree legal versions in private hands. I'm always interested in seeing the alternatives.
Back in the saddle again

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

I saw a writeup in one of the mags recently. I'm not much in the way of wanting any HD, they just don't make a current bike style I'm interested in riding. But the XR1200 caught my attention. I do like the looks of it, but no clue if it'll be in the States soon (at all?).

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#5 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#6 Unread post by jmillheiser »

Now thats a Harley I wouldn't mind owning. It really needs to come to the US too.

Flak Monkey
Veteran
Veteran

#7 Unread post by Flak Monkey »

That's one hot bike. I'd jump on that in a second if it was in production and I wasn't a broke high school student.
Last edited by Flak Monkey on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#8 Unread post by scan »

No disrespect to HD or the fans there of, but if they don't jump on this, they are asleep at the ape hangers. HD was one of the earliest members of the sports bike world and part of the founders of motorsports racing. They need to bring the XR1200 to the forfront, and evolve more bikes of this type for their stable. I'm sure they would have many current follower purchase these bikes, and some non-HD fans might join the fold. I personally like the bike myself.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#9 Unread post by mgdavis »

The tail section and exhaust don't appeal to me very much, but the rest is great. I'd definitly be in for one, once I scraped up the money that is.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!