Exhaust styles.....!??!?!

Tigger
Rookie
Rookie

Exhaust styles.....!??!?!

#1 Unread post by Tigger »

Should I let exhaust styles swade my choice in a bike? I do not like exhaust tips on the right side like yamaha and suzuki. I prefer exhaust tips that are undertail like honda and kawasaki. Is there a performance difference other than the physical appearance? Thanks.

Flak Monkey
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by Flak Monkey »

If you don't like the exhaust on a bike it's easy enough to order a different one and switch them out. Don't let the stock exhaust keep you from buying the best bike out there.
Last edited by Flak Monkey on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#3 Unread post by Koss »

The performance difference isn't all that much, at least in the hands of your average rider. There is much more to a bike than just how it looks, pick the best bike for you, not the best bike that would make you look cool.

Btw, all of the bikes you have been looking at are not beginner friendly to say the least.
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

Rydr
Elite
Elite

Re: Exhaust styles.....!??!?!

#4 Unread post by Rydr »

Tigger wrote:Should I let exhaust styles swade my choice in a bike? I do not like exhaust tips on the right side like yamaha and suzuki. I prefer exhaust tips that are undertail like honda and kawasaki. Is there a performance difference other than the physical appearance? Thanks.
If you are looking for a new bike pick out the ones you like then go to the dealers and sit on them. See which ones feel good to you. If you can get the dealer to let you take them for a test drive so much the better. Don't let anyone pressure you into buying what you don't want. Buying a motorcycle is a personal thing, get what you want. If you like under tail exhausts then get a bike with them. If you make compromises on what you want you may never be satisfied with the bike you end up with. All the major manufacturers make good motorcycles and the performance is so close on them that out on the road it won't make any difference.

Ride Safe