New Vulcan 900 Custom

willw
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

New Vulcan 900 Custom

#1 Unread post by willw »

As a newbie starting to look for a first bike, but nothing I will outgrow this year, anyone have any experience with a Vulcan 900 Custom? How is it on freeway speeds? Forgiving?

Thanks!
www.sportshak.com

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

I've heard only good things about the 900 so far but no personal experience with it. Hopefuly Tbonne will chime in and give you his experience with his 900. If not you can check out VROC.com lots of 900 owners there and a couple of reviews on it.
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3 Unread post by sharpmagna »

Well if this is your first bike, I wouldn't buy new. Buy a cheap, used bike just to learn on and then buy the bike you want. It is very likely that you will drop the bike (one way or another) while you are learning. Would you rather drop a cheap beater bike or your sparkling new bike?

The 900LT (touring version) is close to 700lbs wet. That's a pretty big bike for a first.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

I just realized that the 900 Custom is new for '07. Go to Vroc and look up "Joker" he test rode one and has a ride report on it.

Good luck.
2006 VTX 1300 R

willw
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by willw »

Sweet Tooth wrote:I just realized that the 900 Custom is new for '07. Go to Vroc and look up "Joker" he test rode one and has a ride report on it.

Good luck.
Thanks, Sweet Tooth: I looked him up and he sent me a copy of the report right away. It was a great one, too. What a great guy. I highly recommend the report to anyone with the same question I had about the '900 Custom.

Also, thanks to all who responded to my post.
www.sportshak.com

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Awesome!
2006 VTX 1300 R

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#7 Unread post by t_bonee »

I recommend the 900. I have the classic myself. It can handle the highway fine. I've had it to speeds over 100 mph. It has nice torque to it and handles great. I've got no complaints about mine whatsoever.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

Jerry Gowins
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by Jerry Gowins »

Sweet Tooth wrote:I just realized that the 900 Custom is new for '07. Go to Vroc and look up "Joker" he test rode one and has a ride report on it.

Good luck.
I just went to that site and searched for "Joker". Several different ones showed up in the search. Do you know his real name? I'm very interested in his ride report as well.

Thanks!!

Jerry

willw
Regular
Regular

#9 Unread post by willw »

Jerry Gowins wrote: I just went to that site and searched for "Joker". Several different ones showed up in the search. Do you know his real name? I'm very interested in his ride report as well.

Thanks!!

Jerry
I don't remember his email address, but I still have a copy of the report. I just uploaded it to one of my websites. It is in Adobe PDF format and you can download it by clicking here:

http://www.sportshak.com/2007Vulcan900Custom2column.pdf

Since he supplied it to me so freely, I assume it's okay for me to supply it, too.

I hope it helps.
www.sportshak.com