big_ry_ry
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2007 yamaha VStar 1100 classic

07 v star 1100 classic

#1 Unread post by big_ry_ry »

Well my new bike was delivered saturday!!! I had a few accesories put on, passanger floor boards, studded saddle bags, studded backrest pad witht the tall backrest, jardine oil relocation kit.

To be honest they did not have any of the silver bikes on the showroom only the black, i did not care for the black so when they delivered it, it was the first time seing the color of the bike in person with the accessories.
Let me tell you it was jaw dropping, I love the bike at first look and a second....The only thing that i think i may want to do is make it a little louder but we will see. Since it is snowing right now it is a little hard to ride and actually hear it moving.

But at first sight and looking at it i think i made the correct decision! Hopefully i can get some seat time sooner than later!!

Ryan

Tarheel365
Regular
Regular

#2 Unread post by Tarheel365 »

congrats!!!! :D
2006 Suzuki M50

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3 Unread post by MotoF150 »

The Yamaha V Star 1100 is a GREAT BIKE, I know 3 guys that own them and I ride with them on long road trips and the bike is comfortable, when I wanta stop to take a break the guys on the V Star wanta keep going cause they are relaxed and comfortable riding the V Star. The 1100 V Star was the bike I wanted to buy, but I got cheap and listened to the fools that told me the Suzuki M50 was just as fast. so I purchaced the M50 instead, that was a BIG mistake
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Sev »

My Aunt has a 2001 1100 and she really likes it, except for the seat. It kept digging into her tailbone, or putting pressure on it or something (I forget exactly how she described it). But she ended up getting a custom seat made for it and all is well.

It's been all the way across Canada, and down through the states on more then one occasion.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

big_ry_ry
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by big_ry_ry »

I have heard people tell me about the seat, but untill i actually ride it and see how comfy it is i dont want to spend the money on a custom seat unless it is needed! I may want to get a little louder pipes, i dont mean hear me 5 blocks away just a little louder so people can hear you. Not sure how loud they are yet still snowing here.

big_ry_ry
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by big_ry_ry »

ok first ride of the season was yesterday, 60 miles not bad. I like the bike, it was not winny at higher speeds (70), stock exhaust sounds quite when you are on the bike but when you are actually watching someone else drive it it is not that quit. I like the pipes so I am not going to change it. The seat was ok for me (i have a big @ss) it kinda leaned you forward like you could not lean back comfortable you had to lean forward and it made you slide forward a little.
Also The back brake pedal seems to be to close to the engine and to far back. I have to pull my leg back and angle in, not very comfortable in my opion.

So three things in my mind need some improvement, seat at a more level angle and back brake pedal more forward and stick out a little more and last but not least the speedo is a little to low on the tank, i think it needs to be a little higher, I am nit picking here but just a few minor changes and would be a rock solid bike and perfect fit for me!

Everything else I was happy with, acceleration was great, handling was great. A big change from my 82 650 maxim, feels completely different, rode it 2-up as well, handles very well. I was a little shaky at first but after about 10 minutes i was starting to adjust. I have to get used to this bigger bike though, I think i will doo a few more solo rides before 2uping it again.

Hope you enjoyed the 60 mile review!

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#7 Unread post by MotoF150 »

the only bad thing about the V Star 1100 is you have to remove the exhaust pipe to get the oil filter out, see that small round cover with 3 screws on the front right side of the engine?, plus you have to take out screws behind that cover to remove another cover to get to the oil filter, or you can get the dealer to do it, or you can purchace an oil filter relocation kit. Its a great bike, the guys I know that own them never change the oil, they never do any maintenance to their V Star and it runs and runs forever and they never have any problems. You made a great choice on a bike, that bike will still be around and running 20 years from now.
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

big_ry_ry
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by big_ry_ry »

Allready bought the relocation kit and it is installed, the only thing i am looking into changing is the brake location, as it was not comfortable to brake and in an emergency situation i may not get there in time.

Philo
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Goldwing

#9 Unread post by Philo »

Hey Big_Ry_Ry,

I put a Mustang seat on my 1100. It made a huge difference. It is not as slick as the stock seat and doesn't slide you onto the tank like the stock seat does (ouch). Take a ride down to Texas and I'll let you test ride it. It's only about 1700 miles! :shock: :mrgreen:

I've never sat on one, but I have also heard good things about the Corbin seat.

big_ry_ry
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by big_ry_ry »

Philo wrote:Hey Big_Ry_Ry,

I put a Mustang seat on my 1100. It made a huge difference. It is not as slick as the stock seat and doesn't slide you onto the tank like the stock seat does (ouch). Take a ride down to Texas and I'll let you test ride it. It's only about 1700 miles! :shock: :mrgreen:

I've never sat on one, but I have also heard good things about the Corbin seat.
Philo thanks, is the mustang seat yamaha or where did you get it and Does it work with the stock back seat? Thanks for the input. Also I would love to go to Texas but i think i would just but the seat for the same price as the plane ticket!!!! :D

Thank you for the offer though!!