Rookie
Sex: Male

Help me understand

#1 Unread post by iranian45 »

Whats the difference between the kawasaki ninja 650 and the ninja zx-6r

also

whats the difference between the suzuki katana gsx-r600 and the katana 600

i see such a big price difference and only a little bit of weight difference

also im looking for a nice sport bike at 600cc if anyone has some recomendations let me know

Tim07
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by Tim07 »

The Ninja 650 and Katana's are more of a novice bike when compared to the Kawasaki ZX series bikes, or the GSX-R's. I'm not positive on the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that the GSX-R's and the ZX's have more power, and are just all-around more of a performance focused bike that the others you had mentioned. Ride-ability would be more of a concern on the Katana and Ninja 650, where as speed and handling would be the main drive behind the ZX and the GSX-R.

iranian45
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by iranian45 »

does anyone know of a site where i can get numbers like weight difference 0-60 mph difference fuel economy difference and such because im looking for something that is quick but i want to make sure that the 3000 dollars is going to be worth it to me ya know

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by roscowgo »

I don't know jack about ninjas.

As far as the difference between kats and gsxrs... The katana is more akin to a sport touring bike. More comfy, less power, etc. Though still more in the category of sport, than touring.

The gsx-r isn't a katana.
And the gsx katana isn't a gsx-r.

I know the 600 katanas are probably the sportiest as far as seating position goes for katanas, they have clip ons instead of actual risers. Once you get to the 750 and up katana wise they have actual risers. Not very big ones of course. :laughing:

Neither would make a great beginner bike.