Bike Alarms

Duane
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

Bike Alarms

#1 Unread post by Duane »

So when I got off work yesterday I found two of my coworkers messing around with my bike. One was sitting on it trying to mess with any button he could find and the other is bent over with his hands in my engine. I wasn't to sure how to handle the situation, I mean you don't go sitting in peoples cars and messing around with stuff, what makes it okay on the bike? Well, thats another rant in itself I guess..

Anyways, this got me thinking about bike alarms and I was wondering how many of you have a bike alarm. What type and what you think of it.

Edit: Opps wrong forums, could a mod move this to Motorcycle Product reviews?

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

Coworkers? If this happened at my company, you'd better believe that their manager and I would be at Human Resources 5 minutes later, under threat of me summoning the local township police department. Since my company's management doesn't really care to have the police on campus (looks bad), I would be taken seriously - it would be a disciplinary situation for these coworkers. I don't fool around with this shyt.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

Mistercory
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by Mistercory »

That is ridiculous!!!!
Please tell me you are joking.
Do you know these jokers? or were they some random people who happen to work at the same establishment as you? What did you say to them? Did you smear human waste on their windshield yet?
Geez!!!
I'm POed for you.

celt
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by celt »

whoa!

you need to move way beyond an alarm and install an automatic ejector seat!!

:twisted:

Duane
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Duane »

I know them from company meetings but thats about it.
I said "Hey guys, you break it you pay for it." I must have startled the guy messing with the engine because he stood up and backed away real quick but the one sitting just continued bouncing on the bike for a minute until I said I had to go. After that they said have fun and walked off. I spent a few minutes checking over the bike, besides from a bunch of greasy finger smudges everything checked out okay but I don't want to have to worry about this ever again.

I'm looking at something like this however at $300 I'm a little hesitant. Anyone have any other suggestions? I think I would like to get something that will notify me when the alarm goes off.

alex_as246
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#7 Unread post by alex_as246 »

I bet you those guys walked off thinking that it was okay to mess with your bike. You should have at the very least expressed your displeasure with the situation. Something like:

"Could I have the keys to your car so I could mess with your controls and stuff for a bit, please?"

"Errr... no".

"Ok, then get the hell off my bike!"

would have gotten the point across very well. And you wouldn't have to worry about alarms, at least as far as these two gentlemen are concerned. Can't let these things slide, imho.
Honda Shadow VLX 600 Deluxe

eddieb
Rookie
Rookie

Time for someone to get a beating.

#8 Unread post by eddieb »

What a couple of jerks. I would not have let this one pass. They probably think it ok to do this to your motorcycle or anyone elses after this.
I cover my motorcycle any time it is going to be setting for a long time so that things like this don' t happen. :bash:
1997 Valkyrie, Custom Paint.