jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Hyper-lites review

#1 Unread post by jonnythan »

http://www.hyperlites.com/

One of the guys at my ERC last weekend had a pair of super bright red LED flashers that activated with his brake lights. The class was in bright sunlight and the things really grabbed attention anywhere on the course. They were bright and visible, particularly with the flashing, but not so bright or fast so as to be obnoxious. I was curious, so I asked him where he got them.

He told me they were called Hyper Lites. As soon as I got home, I looked them up and ordered a pair.

Installation was very easy. I ordered the universal kit. The flasher assembly is small - probably about 2" long and less than half an inch in diameter. It has 5 wires coming out of it. One attaches to the brake light wire, one attaches to ground, one attaches to any switched power source (running lights), and the other two are for connecting to the flasher units themselves.

The kit includes all the connectors you need for tapping right into the existing wires without having to cut or strip anything. There are no tools required for the kit itself - you just need the tools to access the wires or mount the flashers or whatever.

I was able to hide the flasher inside my brake light assembly. I used some Perfect Glue 3 (an epoxy that bonds well to plastic and metal, available at any hardware store) to attach the tiny flasher units to my license plate holder, one on either side of the plate. The wires were easy to hide alongside the existing brake and turn signal wires with a couple of zip ties.

There are no adjustments, save for one: there is a green wire loop on the flasher assembly that, when cut, causes the lights to flash for 5 seconds then go solid.

I highly recommend these things. Great investment for under $60.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

halouis
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by halouis »

those look very useful. it's on my todo list to add something like this. thanks for the great writeup.
Thanks,
Hal

*** 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750DC ***

*** I'M A DENIM DEMON ***