Hyosung GT250r Power problems

cummingsn
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Hyosung GT250r Power problems

#1 Unread post by cummingsn »

Heres my power problem....theres not enough of it.......im 19 ive loved bikes my whole life but my wallet doesnt support my habit so although a CBR 929 is on the way my hyosung will need to do for 1 more season, i ordered a "power chip" on ebay for it which i havent installed yet but i dont think it will be enough i ride with R1's and R6's not to mention a gaggle of GSXR's and when they get to playing around im left in the dust all i want is a little tourqe from her to get me through this season does anyone know where i can get aftermarket sprockets and chain for my bike? or any other quick and easy HP or gearing upgrades any input would be much appriciated...

cummingsn
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by cummingsn »

one more thing i brought this up to the local shop that i bought it from and they told me there is no performance upgrades in the states yet and that there is no aftermarket sprockets for it.....i find this hard to belive someone must have matched the spline sizes off a suzuki or something. i am leaning toward the gearing change even if i do lose some top speed......if i was looking for a highway runner i know i couldnt get it from this little 250 but i think a lil more torque is in order so please help me out......thanks

nick

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#3 Unread post by flynrider »

It's a 250. Power Chip? This bike does not have fuel injection or an ECU. Where are you going to install this magic chip and how will it create power? Damn, I should start selling stuff on Ebay.

You've got a zippy little 250. Nothing you can do to it is even going to remotely make any difference when you're playing around with your R1/6 and Gixxer buddies. Even if you could somehow magically double the horsepower (which you can't), those bikes would still leave you in the dust before they got out of second gear. Trying to up the power on that 250 is just wasting money that could be spent on your next bike.
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

cummingsn
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by cummingsn »

according to the chip you plug it into an air /fuel sensor or something i havent looked into it too much.....it was only 15 bucks so i figured it wouldnt hurt....i understand that i cant keep up with them but i would like to have a lil more zip to my "zippy little 250" because right now i have a 250 quad that could beat it in the quarter mile......i wanna play around with it till i get something better practice wheelies and such i just want some more low end which is why i was thinking gearing

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#5 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

check http://www.korider.com and http://www.alternativecruisers.com/

both of those sites have plenty of hyosung people. I'm pretty sure there are sprocket changes available, they would be the people to ask.
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

Tower18CHI
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by Tower18CHI »

Haha come on dude, don't buy "chips" on ebay. Not for cars, not for bikes. They don't work.

Likely, you just paid $15 for a cheap resistor and some wires that you could have gotten at Radio Shack for like $3. And it would be just as worthless, because your bike has carbs. There are no sensors.

Furadi
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by Furadi »

flynrider wrote:It's a 250. Power Chip? This bike does not have fuel injection or an ECU. Where are you going to install this magic chip and how will it create power? Damn, I should start selling stuff on Ebay.

You've got a zippy little 250. Nothing you can do to it is even going to remotely make any difference when you're playing around with your R1/6 and Gixxer buddies. Even if you could somehow magically double the horsepower (which you can't), those bikes would still leave you in the dust before they got out of second gear. Trying to up the power on that 250 is just wasting money that could be spent on your next bike.
That's pretty much false. Your talking Ninja 500 hp there and a skilled rider on an EX500 can easily keep up with big bikes when you take straights out of the equation. I've ridden with plenty of people on 750's, 900's that couldn't keep up with me.

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by jonnythan »

cummingsn wrote:according to the chip you plug it into an air /fuel sensor or something i havent looked into it too much.....it was only 15 bucks so i figured it wouldnt hurt....i understand that i cant keep up with them but i would like to have a lil more zip to my "zippy little 250" because right now i have a 250 quad that could beat it in the quarter mile......i wanna play around with it till i get something better practice wheelies and such i just want some more low end which is why i was thinking gearing
There are no sensors. It's impossible to install this chip on your bike.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]