Honda 919?

indiGO
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '08 650 v-strom

Honda 919?

#1 Unread post by indiGO »

I'm looking at buy a CB900F aka 919. Everything I've read about them online seems to give them quite good reviews, but they've all been bike mag test rides, I haven't seen anything from anybody who actually owns one. I know that someone here must have one, so my question is, how do you like it?

I'm looking at a 2005 with hard bags, wind screen and 19K km for cdn $6500.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Sev »

By all accounts they're good bikes. I've got the younger brother the 599 and have loved it since day one. Check out http://www.honda599.com/ they've got a couple of members who own 919's.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

indiGO
Regular
Regular
My Motorcycle: '08 650 v-strom

#3 Unread post by indiGO »

DRATS!

I went to have a look at it today, with the intention of riding it home, and they'd sold it to someone else this morning.

I guess I'll keep looking.

Randy
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 2007/Honda/CBR1000

#4 Unread post by Randy »

919 is a tremendous bike. They are rock solid reliable and have grossly underrated power. A few months ago, one of the magazines voted it best sleeper in the streefighter class.
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer Simpson
05 Yamaha VMAX
04 Suzuki SV650
05 Suzuki RMZ450

paul246
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#5 Unread post by paul246 »

Rode a 919 a couple of summers back during a Honda demo ride and was just enthralled with it. Superb handling and brakes and a more than satisfying torque band that grabs your gut down low, you're gonna love it. On top of that it is comfy!

Had plans to make it my next road bike but decided to go the dual sport route instead.

The 919 is invisible on the North American radar screen for some reason, only the select few seem to be capable of "seeing" it through the forest of shiny stuff.
There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle.

Honda XR650L Dual-Sport

celt
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by celt »

i have yet to ride either the 919 or the 599, but if i was in the market for a new standard, i'd definitley check them out.

they're great looking, and from what i've read, great bikes altogether.