Older Kawaski ZX7's, anyone have one?

gsus
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Older Kawaski ZX7's, anyone have one?

#1 Unread post by gsus »

I'm thinking far ahead, as I'm still learning on my 83 Honda Shadow 750. Assuming all goes well, I'd like to pick up a sports bike in a couple of years. I really like the way these older Kawasaki ZX7 look. I was just wondering if this is a good reliable bike, or a bike to steer away from? Anyone know the common issues for these bikes? I've read that some sports bikes tend to build up transmission issues... is that a common issue with this bike? Lastly, how many years was the 1993 body style available for?

I tried searching, but had little success.

TIA

ericzx7
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Re: Older Kawaski ZX7's, anyone have one?

#2 Unread post by ericzx7 »

gsus wrote:I'm thinking far ahead, as I'm still learning on my 83 Honda Shadow 750. Assuming all goes well, I'd like to pick up a sports bike in a couple of years. I really like the way these older Kawasaki ZX7 look. I was just wondering if this is a good reliable bike, or a bike to steer away from? Anyone know the common issues for these bikes? I've read that some sports bikes tend to build up transmission issues... is that a common issue with this bike? Lastly, how many years was the 1993 body style available for?

I tried searching, but had little success.

TIA
I own a 95 ZX7, and I love it. Timeless style and great handling. Just check it out real good and make sure it has been taken care of. Check out some threads at ZXforums.com. There is a bunch of info on there.