04 Victory Kingpin

grussem
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

04 Victory Kingpin

#1 Unread post by grussem »

I am in love with this bike. It's got plenty of power (1507cc engine). I went riding with friends of mine that have bikes of comparable size and displacement and they were surprised how fast this bike. I guess they didn't expect me to smoke them as badly as I did. I am surprised it handles as well as it does for being a big bike. There is virtually no vibe and I have a stage one kit on my bike, which also makes it very loud :D I thought it would be difficult for me to get used to the heel/toe shifter but now I wouldn't want anything else, very easy to use and the floor boards make riding very easy on your feet. The saddlebags are big enought for anything I need to carry with me, although I think I may go and get some corbin hardbags and have them painted to match the rest of my bike. The Kingpin is very comfortable and just plain looks great. The fenders and the fat tire in the front are what make the bike. (Aside from the fenders, fat front tire, and inverted forks there is no difference between the Kingpin and the Vegas) The only thing I am really dissapointed in is Polaris skimping out on the fork lock. There is a hole to put a lock of your own through, but if you ask me, when you make a bike of this caliber you should not skimp out on something that is standard equipment on most other bikes. So jeers on that note, but everything else gets A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I am a very happy Victory owner. If you are considering a cruiser, you owe it to yourself to check out the Vics, I am quite sure you won't be dissapointed, and their dealers are very good about letting you take test rides too! Ride safe!

http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/album_pi ... ic_id=2689
2004 Victory Kingpin

"To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Semper Fi

Gatineau_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

#2 Unread post by Gatineau_Guy »

Sweet lookin' ride. I have been looking at the Victories (not to buy, just cause its fun - maybe in a few years) because I was interested in the Hammer, but that is one nice bike!

Glad to hear you like it.

Cheers,
Gatineau_Guy

huh
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by huh »

i have ridden the vegas and the hammer. vegas is much better. (i would go for the cheaper 8-ball) the hammer is for poser's only. fat rear tire totally kills handling. but everybody think its tuff :laughing: :frusty: .

victory is stepping up with some great crusiers with brembo brakes standard.
find that on anyother crusier.

hardley is far far behind..

i recomend victory's to anyone after a large dicplacment crusier.
say what

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

huh wrote:hardley is far far behind.
Really? Because it doesn't have Brembo brakes or is there more behind your comments? What Victory do you own and tell me what Harley you've owned that it compares to.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by cb360 »

Wow Grussem. That is one sweet looking bike. I don't see one in the budget for the next decade, but it sure is a nice bike.

The rest of y'all settle a bit. Harleys and Victorys are both sweet bikes. To each his own!
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

huh
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by huh »

Gummiente wrote:
huh wrote:hardley is far far behind.
Really? Because it doesn't have Brembo brakes or is there more behind your comments? What Victory do you own and tell me what Harley you've owned that it compares to.

i guess you dont know i was a dealer mechanic! mostly harley's, and yes they are far behind. ahhh somebody dont like your bike :cry:
say what

Gummiente

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

huh wrote:i guess you dont know i was a dealer mechanic! mostly harley's, and yes they are far behind. ahhh somebody dont like your bike :cry:
No, I didn't know. And I'd like to hear your opinions why you think the marque is far behind. As for your last comment, grow up.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

huh
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by huh »

Gummiente wrote:
huh wrote:i guess you dont know i was a dealer mechanic! mostly harley's, and yes they are far behind. ahhh somebody dont like your bike :cry:
No, I didn't know. And I'd like to hear your opinions why you think the marque is far behind. As for your last comment, grow up.
ahh thats just the way you sounded. go ride a victory and you can decide for yourself. they have free demo rides everyday.
say what

Gummiente

#9 Unread post by Gummiente »

huh wrote:go ride a victory and you can decide for yourself.
I have. I rode a Touring Cruiser last year, it was a very nice bike but not enough to make me trade the Harley in for one.

Again, I ask you - as you were a dealer mechanic I'd like to hear your opinion on why Harleys are behind in technology.

Why does everyone clam up when I ask for detailed answers???!!! :roll:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Sev »

Because it's more fun to tease someone with non-specifics then it is to come out and say something mean. We tease cause we love, not because we want you to blow a gasket.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]