What's Your Favorite Sportbike?

What is your favorite make of sportbike?

Aprilla
7%
Buell
4%
Ducati
7%
Honda
7%
Kawasaki
22%
Suzuki
22%
Triumph
4%
Yamaha
26%

Total votes: 27

FattyJ
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

What's Your Favorite Sportbike?

#1 Unread post by FattyJ »

I'd just like to know what everyones favorite sportbike is and why...

I've only ridden a couple bikes. A Ninja 250, CBR 600, and my SV650S. I was kinda thinking that my next sportbike would be a GSX-R 750, but I'd like to see what other people think. What's your favorite make?? Since I have the SV650 and it seems pretty good I was thinking to stay with Suzuki.
IN SPEED WE TRUST

Fatty J
2005 Suzuki SV650S

huh
Elite
Elite

Re: What's Your Favorite Sportbike?

#2 Unread post by huh »

FattyJ wrote:I'd just like to know what everyones favorite sportbike is and why...

I've only ridden a couple bikes. A Ninja 250, CBR 600, and my SV650S. I was kinda thinking that my next sportbike would be a GSX-R 750, but I'd like to see what other people think. What's your favorite make?? Since I have the SV650 and it seems pretty good I was thinking to stay with Suzuki.
that depends on what you intend to do with it??? all those brands offer great bikes.

if your about handling and knee dragging twisties fun like me you cant go wrong with that 750. but there are many great choices you just have to be more clear on what you intend to do with it.
say what

FattyJ
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by FattyJ »

huh wrote:
FattyJ wrote:I'd just like to know what everyones favorite sportbike is and why...

that depends on what you intend to do with it??? all those brands offer great bikes.

if your about handling and knee dragging twisties fun like me you cant go wrong with that 750. but there are many great choices you just have to be more clear on what you intend to do with it.
Well I don't drag knee yet, but I'm mostly about handling.
IN SPEED WE TRUST

Fatty J
2005 Suzuki SV650S

huh
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by huh »

FattyJ wrote:
huh wrote:

still not clear enough!!!!

power,comfort,price etc.. for me power is not everything i actually perfer lower powered bikes for the street. that you have to work the bike to keep corner speed up.

for me i think a honda rc51 will be my next new bike. just gives me wood.
the v-twin use to rule but is now overshadowed by the new liter bikes :cry:

i look all the time for a good suzuki tl1000R. but they still are to high for me.
say what

huh
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by huh »

FattyJ wrote:
huh wrote:

well the sv650 makes a great bike for the twisties. get that suspension set up right and you will transform it into a potent weapon. since you arealdy own it. check out traxxion.com or better yet call max for his advice.
say what

FattyJ
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by FattyJ »

huh wrote:
FattyJ wrote:
huh wrote:

still not clear enough!!!!

power,comfort,price etc.. for me power is not everything i actually perfer lower powered bikes for the street. that you have to work the bike to keep corner speed up.

for me i think a honda rc51 will be my next new bike. just gives me wood.
the v-twin use to rule but is now overshadowed by the new liter bikes :cry:

i look all the time for a good suzuki tl1000R. but they still are to high for me.
Why I said I'd want the GSX-R 750 is for...power-alot of power, but not too much for street riding and corners...price-cheaper than a liter bike...just sounded like an all around good bike. I think I could be happy with that.
IN SPEED WE TRUST

Fatty J
2005 Suzuki SV650S

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#7 Unread post by keysman »

I voted for Aprillia. They make some of the sweetest looking sportbikes. Would I ever buy one? I doubt it but man their bikes look great! Don't ask me how they handle, I have never rode one but I think they can hold their own at least from what I read. If I was going to get a SportBike today, I would seriously look at the Triumph Sprint ST. I know it's a Sport Touring bike, but it leans to the sport side of things pretty heavily. It's a great looking bike. I would also seriously look at the 2005 BMW K1200S. That is another bad boy. It may not be the fastest overall but all around, I think it's a winner. 167hp, 0-60 in 2.8, whew, it's too much bike for me.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

Murphey
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by Murphey »

The Kawasaki Ninja 636s are pretty neat. Hold together pretty good, I had 35K on mine before it was stolen...and that might say something. I am no road racer, so I am more concerned about usuable power at the lower end, stability, and if Camero drivers can still look me in the eye.

They get 50 mpg for some reason too.

But outside of drag racing, it really comes down to skill to determine how the bike performs. You might feel faster and more comfortable on the SV1000s, or a Buell.

huh
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by huh »

keysman wrote:I voted for Aprillia. They make some of the sweetest looking sportbikes. Would I ever buy one? I doubt it but man their bikes look great! Don't ask me how they handle, I have never rode one but I think they can hold their own at least from what I read. If I was going to get a SportBike today, I would seriously look at the Triumph Sprint ST. I know it's a Sport Touring bike, but it leans to the sport side of things pretty heavily. It's a great looking bike. I would also seriously look at the 2005 BMW K1200S. That is another bad boy. It may not be the fastest overall but all around, I think it's a winner. 167hp, 0-60 in 2.8, whew, it's too much bike for me.
i wish aprilia still offered the rs250 challenge. but 9k was to steep for me.

most sweetest looking sport bikes? ever seen an mv augusta?
say what

FattyJ
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by FattyJ »

huh wrote:
i wish aprilia still offered the rs250 challenge. but 9k was to steep for me.

most sweetest looking sport bikes? ever seen an mv augusta?
I just looked up MV AUGUSTA....pretty nice looking.
IN SPEED WE TRUST

Fatty J
2005 Suzuki SV650S