Suzuki M50 questions

brbolin
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Suzuki M50 questions

#1 Unread post by brbolin »

Any owners of the beautiful M50 out there, this is probably geared towards you...
I'm looking for a bike that I can use as a three-day-a-week cruiser to go to work (35 miles one way) and feel comfortable on, but yet also take my wife along with me. It's standard highway driving (60 mph max.).
I LOVE the Suzuki M50, but fear that the way the back fender is setup, it wouldn't be a comfortable ride for my wife.
When looking at bikes, I prefer the short fenders and not the long ones.
I've looked at VStar Customs and the Honda Spirit, also. If you think one of those would be a better ride for her (or any other bike, for that matter) please let me know.
I'm 6', 190 lbs. She's 5'5" *normal weight* (she won't tell me what she weighs, but I think she's perfect size. :wink: ) ANYWAY, any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
I'm a "novice" rider, so that's mainly why I'm looking at 650-800cc bikes.

Thanks!

-B

allawybiker
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by allawybiker »

Hi brbolin,

I am a proud owner of a M50 and love it. I do use it to commute about 23 miles each way at about 70 mph most of the way. At that speed, it still has more power to spare, as a matter of fact I have tried 95mph and still had more power left... The seat is not the most comfortable you can find, but most bikes have stiff seats that can be replaced for longer rides, even Suzuki offers some. Look at http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/home.php for cheaper Suzuki accessories.
I have not tried putting my wife on it yet, but my kids have been and they love riding with me. But these rides are short and I cannot talk about how comfortable an adult will be on the back seat. I don't think the fender shape would affect the comfort of the seat though, and if you do replace the stock seat you will be replacing the passenger seat too...
It is a sweet bike.

Good luck and let us know what you decide
AB
Suzuki Boulevard M50 Black

Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.

brbolin
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by brbolin »

Thanks, allawybiker. I'm really LOVING the M50. Such a beauty, it is.
I noticed on Suzuki's website, the M50 doesn't have a lot of accessories, which I don't mind, but in that "lack" of stuff, there doesn't seem to be a back rest for it, either. Thanks for the site, though. That does seem to have a few more accessories and such.
Oh, also, how's the gas mileage on it?

allawybiker
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by allawybiker »

There are LESS accessories for the M50 than the C50 and others in the boulevard line, but the M50 is also one of the newest models and was introduced in March of this year so hopefully more will be coming. It does have a back rest - look at my avatar! I also have the engine guards, windshield (nice sporty looking), saddlebag supports, and the Carbon Fiber Saddlebags.
I get about 50 mpg; I am still trying to more accurately measure it but it all depends on how I am riding it!
Let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck :)
AB

brbolin
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by brbolin »

I'm sooooo observant. :?
I saw your avatar (many times throughout other postings on other boards, too), and saw you had the M50, but didn't even pay attention to the fact you had a backrest on it. Looks amazing! I think that just "sold" it for me. Now to work on getting the "go ahead" from the wife...
Thanks so much!

-B

allawybiker
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by allawybiker »

brbolin wrote:I'm sooooo observant. :?
I saw your avatar (many times throughout other postings on other boards, too), and saw you had the M50, but didn't even pay attention to the fact you had a backrest on it. Looks amazing! I think that just "sold" it for me. Now to work on getting the "go ahead" from the wife...
Thanks so much!

-B
:laughing: I know what you mean, it took me a while to get that "go ahead". I will PM you with some more info, check your private messages.
AB

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by basshole »

Damn I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAD!
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#8 Unread post by ZooTech »

It's definitely a sweet ride! The press release came out for the entire Boulevard line at the time I was in the market, but waiting eight or nine months to buy an M50 was outta the question. If the M50 had been on the floor at the time I was buying, that'd be the bike I was riding today.

Incidentally, I talked my dad out of buying the [anemic] V-Star 650 in favor of the C50, and he absolutely loves it. With that engine mounted in a sportier chassis I'm sure the M50 is a real pleasure to ride!

Congrats! :righton:

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#9 Unread post by basshole »

Those are the 2 I'm choosing from and have pretty much ruled out the V-Star. The M50 seems so unique to me and I don't think I've seen one on the road yet. I'm gonna get a blue one as soon as I can get my friggin MSF course started.
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray

chris66
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by chris66 »

first time I saw the m50 at the shop I thought it was a mean streak. they had the 2 next to each other and I didnt notice until I looked at the badge. Ihad thought kawi had made a special edition blacked out one.