Yamaha V Star 650

vstar
Rookie
Rookie

Yamaha V Star 650

#1 Unread post by vstar »

Well I bought my first bike a few weeks ago. The Yamaha vstar650 classic 2004 model. What a bike. I still can't wipe the smile off my face when I go for a ride. I'm just wondering what took me so long to buy a bike in the first place. Anyway I love everything about the bike except that it should have one more gear for the highway. It just feels like it needs it and some times I will try to shift up looking for an extra gear. Has anyone ever had this same issue?
Regards,
Vstar

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

Re: Yamaha V Star 650

#2 Unread post by old-n-slow »

vstar wrote: Anyway I love everything about the bike except that it should have one more gear for the highway. It just feels like it needs it and some times I will try to shift up looking for an extra gear. Has anyone ever had this same issue?
Regards,
Vstar
Yep. Only with every bike I ever owned. They all seem thataway.....
GarryS ---- "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience."

stargazertony
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by stargazertony »

Hi vstar:

Congratulation on your new bike. I have its father, the XV535 Virago. I think the engine in the vstar is a bored out 535.

Go here http://650ccnd.com/ . That site as well as its companion Delphi site will give you lots of information about VStars.

Tony