Washed, waxed, & complete minus an exhaust upgrade

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#21 Unread post by ZooTech »

Bike Phreak wrote:I bet you can brush your teeth in the morning off the chrome.
Not sure about that, but it comes in handy while removing bugs from 'em! :laughing:

JenM
Regular
Regular

#22 Unread post by JenM »

It's a beautiful, beautiful thing. :drool:

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#23 Unread post by jmillheiser »

That bike is pretty sweet. Really good color too. That seat setup looks pretty sweet. The removeable backrest definately is a nice touch.

This looks like it would be a great bike for long rides

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#24 Unread post by sapaul »

Understand your pride man, I have said it before and will say it again, it's as much about how your ride makes you feel. You must walk around with a stupid grin on your face all day long. "Said with feeling"
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#25 Unread post by ZooTech »

sapaul wrote:Understand your pride man, I have said it before and will say it again, it's as much about how your ride makes you feel. You must walk around with a stupid grin on your face all day long. "Said with feeling"
I'm no different than any bike owner in here. We all stare at our watches at work waiting for lunch time so we can go for a quick sprint to the farthest restaurant we dare patronize while on the clock, only to come back and stare at our watches in anticipation for quittin' time so we can take the scenic route home. And who hasn't slowed for the turn into the parking lot at work in the morning and had that little cartoon devil appear on their shoulder and say, "Nah...just blow right by and don't look back!" :P

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#26 Unread post by Mintbread »

I saw my first mean streak in the flesh today. I was surprised how much smaller it was than I imagined. I loved the colour too, as it was a very bright green. I am not sure if this is a stock colour but it looked very nice.
Sadly though it had seen better days as the forks were bent in about four different directions, but there didn't seem to be a scratch anywhere else on the bike.
Great looking bike though.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#27 Unread post by ZooTech »

Yeah, it's not as intimidating as people seem to imagine. In fact, it's a real sweetheart to ride.

That green was available on the '04 model, along with sparkly black and candy thunder blue (like mine). This year the black is back, but red is the only other color choice unless you buy an M95, then you can get silver.

boomer
Rookie
Rookie

#28 Unread post by boomer »

the bike looks great, but you mentioned cobra pipes,I havent heard one good thing about the cobras, check out vance and hines see if prices are comparable

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#29 Unread post by ZooTech »

boomer wrote:the bike looks great, but you mentioned cobra pipes,I havent heard one good thing about the cobras, check out vance and hines see if prices are comparable
I've actually changed my mind about the pipes and decided to go with some Hard Krome 2-into-1 Sideburners. They're about the most expensive pipes I've found for my bike, but they're the only ones I've seen that look as good or better than stock.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#30 Unread post by ZooTech »

Well, just got done ordering my pipes, intake, and Techlusion TFI unit. I looked at every air intake on the market and decided to go with a Caddman Kit. It was only $60.00 for the air cleaners and two blue air filters to replace the white pleated paper elements that come with the kits. The blue filters should look better on the bike. As for the exhaust, I finally ended up getting a Cobra Powerpro 2-into-1. After extensive searching on the internet for fellow Meanie owners with the Hard Krome Sideburners I decided I don't really care for the looks of 'em at certain angles. So far I haven't run across a single Mean Streak with the Cobra Powerpro, so I cut-and-pasted the pipe onto a pic of my bike. Let me know what ya'll think:

It looks a heck of a lot better than the ugly Muzzy 2-into-1 that everyone is raving about, yet costs $190.00 less than the Hard Krome Sideburner. The Caddman kit utilizes two Spectre 9" air cleaners (meant to sit atop an automotive carburetor) and some good old fashioned hand fabrication. I should save roughly $200.00 with the Caddman Kit versus any of the aftermarket intakes. The Techlusion TFI (Dobeck "Wild Thing") uses direct plug-in connectors so wire splicing is not necessary, and it's the cheapest fuel processor available for my bike at just $169.95.

I should have the exhaust mounted as soon as it arrives, and will do the intake and TFI on the next warm weekend since I need to remove the gas tank and do a radiator flush anyway. I have a gallon of Engine Ice waiting to go in.

The only things left after these upgrades go on are braided brake lines and chrome wheels. There's a shop in Columbus that will apply five layers of chrome on my stock wheels for just $600.00, a far cry from the $3000+ for aftermarket wheels.