Kawasaki ER-6n

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

Kawasaki ER-6n

#1 Unread post by keysman »

I don't know much about this bike yet but from what I have seen it looks like an intersting new model from Kawasaki. What do you think?

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... -ER-6n.htm
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

I like it...

#2 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

I really like the looks and the specs that I read on the website but, anyone know if it's going to be available in the states? It's not listed on the US Kawasaki pages and, the special er-6n website doesn't have any mention of the US.
Maybe it'll be available next year when I plan on doing some serious shopping for my first bike. I'd love to sit on one and get a better feel for it.

keysman

#3 Unread post by keysman »

I think the latest issue of Cycle World said it was only going to be released to the European Market. :evil:

rapidblue
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#4 Unread post by rapidblue »

I'd take one they're zexy.
80 honda CB750F Super Sport

TechTMW
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2005 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by TechTMW »

It's an upgrade from the current er-5 they sell in Europe.
http://www.kawasaki.it/product.asp?Id=B630DDA44A

The ER-5 is a great all around bike - a model that is sorely missing in the US market, but tell that to a squid :wink:

It's brother is the KLE500 ... Another great bike.
http://www.kawasaki.it/product.asp?Id=B63FD7F773

These bikes are meant for urban use/commuting tho. They are geared towards urban environments, with handling, fuel economy, and practicality in mind.

Since North Americans as a whole tend to see bikes as pleasure instead of utilitarian transport, I doubt we'll be seeing them here any time soon.

Really - lets consider - we have a hard enough time convincing squids to get a 500 sportbike. The majority of them wouldn't even look at a 500cc naked or dual sport. - Then you've got the cruiser guys - Which I believe the latest statistic tells hold the majority of sales in NA. They wouldn't even look twice at a bike like this.
“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”
- Soren Kierkegaard (19th century Danish philosopher)

rapidblue
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#6 Unread post by rapidblue »

I don't know what the big fuss is over needing a big bike my 350 yamaha seems fast enough to me and more than enough to rip itself out from under me with a quick twist of the throttle.

I can't imagine something 3 times its size.
80 honda CB750F Super Sport

keysman

#7 Unread post by keysman »

TechBMW wrote:It's an upgrade from the current er-5 they sell in Europe.
http://www.kawasaki.it/product.asp?Id=B630DDA44A

The ER-5 is a great all around bike - a model that is sorely missing in the US market, but tell that to a squid :wink:

It's brother is the KLE500 ... Another great bike.
http://www.kawasaki.it/product.asp?Id=B63FD7F773

These bikes are meant for urban use/commuting tho. They are geared towards urban environments, with handling, fuel economy, and practicality in mind.

Since North Americans as a whole tend to see bikes as pleasure instead of utilitarian transport, I doubt we'll be seeing them here any time soon.

Really - lets consider - we have a hard enough time convincing squids to get a 500 sportbike. The majority of them wouldn't even look at a 500cc naked or dual sport. - Then you've got the cruiser guys - Which I believe the latest statistic tells hold the majority of sales in NA. They wouldn't even look twice at a bike like this.
The ER-6n is a pretty radical upgrade in looks over the 5. I really like the look of the new bike. It's very modern and very sporty looking. Tech I think you're right about the NA market. It's really too bad since this would be a much better bike for a beginner that still want's that sportbike look. It's much like the idea behind my "city streets" F650CS. I guess the NA market has proven your theory if you look at my bike since all sings say BMW is dropping the CS.

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#8 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

Wow, the ER-5 is hot too. I would totally get one of those if available. I really like the look of those and the ER-6N... I really wish our sub-1liter market was better in America. Wonder what the cost of getting one of those shipped is...lol.

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#9 Unread post by cb360 »

Ditto Divide Overflow. Those are both pretty bikes. So, does this thing count as a standard? I've always thought I'd be doomed to a cruiser as I don't like sportbikes and there's not much in the standard market in the US. I guess the plastic tank throws me and makes me think everything is a sportbike.
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

Mad Puppy
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by Mad Puppy »

I'm a beginner and I would be all over that bike.

It's one of the better looking bikes out. I like the ultra modern looks

As for the North Americans not wanting standards? I am very partial to them. I just can't get excited about all the cruisers be they Harley or not. Actually I really like the looks of the European Naked standards (Ducati Monster, Triumph Speed tripple & four, The new BMW K1200R...ETC...etc...) The current comparisons in the US I think are the suzuki SV650, Yamaha FZ6 (both look best totally naked!) Those will be my dream bikes for now.