1983 Shadow 750 - Good Bikes?

indiGO
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '08 650 v-strom

1983 Shadow 750 - Good Bikes?

#1 Unread post by indiGO »

Sorry for the cross posting, this question should have gone in this forum to start with.

I haven't ridden in about 15-years and want to ease myself back into it with an inexpensive used bike that I can ride around on for a couple of years before buying something new.

I have seen a couple of 1983 Shadow 750's around that I thought might be a good choice to start (my last bike was a V45 Magna). Can anyone tell me how in general how well the Shadows have held-up over the past 22-years? I've been told to steer clear of the Magnas but haven't heard much about the older Shadows.

Are these older Shadows usually still pretty good bikes or should I be considering something else?

goodcruisin
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by goodcruisin »

the only thing with the v45 is the oiling method to the cams. and there is a oil mod kit for this fix. my magna has almost 40,000 on it without the mod and it runse sweet, much faster than any shadow.
but that was one of the bikes i was looking at for awhile, theyre fine. if you can find a 86 or 7, get it. those come very recommended!
so many roads............ so little time!
gonna ride em all in washington....
then find some more