Kawasaki 636

DAU
Rookie
Rookie

#21 Unread post by DAU »

sevulterus if you read what i actualy put then you would know that not one of the bikes you list would all apply because there new. and as for the article you quote were any of them trying to outpace larger capacity bikes when your obviously going to be pushing the bike as hard as you can and every advantage is a bonus. you guys can flame me all you like but the only thing youve achieved is making me stop posting here as youve made me feel very unwelcome(first time that has happened to me in a biking comunity in 16 years) :cry:

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#22 Unread post by kabob983 »

My goal was never to make you feel unwelcome, but to encourage you to shift the focus from numbers of speed to real life enjoyment. I don't care if you think you're faster than other bikes, but I do care if you enjoy yourself when you ride.

And Sevulturus isn't flaming you, he's doing what pretty much every bike owner does, yourself included. He's comparing bikes. You think your 636 is better than the others, right? So do manyZX-6R owners. And the CBR guys think that Honda is king. But wait, everyone knows that a real man rides a Gixxer! That's why (as I said, although I hated to quote it) that I try not to put much stock in "bike shootouts" no matter what they say there is generally going to be a few biases in the reviews. All things equal, would you not endorse your favorite bike more? Would you not put in an extra kind word or two for the company who pays your magazine the most? When you start talking about how speedy your bike is in a drag race and how at 17,000 rpm's (which isn't a realistic number for that bike) your bike is awesome, I (being a fan of the new R6, Gix, and 675) am GOING to debate with you!

It's an unavoidable aspect of riding/posting, you are going to be proud of what you ride (or wish you rode in my case!)

Hope we didn't run you off, I always enjoy a "healthy" debate though (I see it did take a bit of a negative tone though, sorry for that)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by Sev »

DAU wrote:sevulterus if you read what i actualy put then you would know that not one of the bikes you list would all apply because there new.
I'm sorry, I hadn't realised that debating about the merits of various bikes was something we weren't supposed to do on the internet on a biking forum. Regardless, they compared the bike that you own, to the bikes that are currently out. So I fail to see what the problem is.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#24 Unread post by kabob983 »

+1

If he is hurt and offended by this debate than he probably isn't in the right forum, as people here WILL argue over bikes!
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!