yamaha or suzuki

rpettit16
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

yamaha or suzuki

#1 Unread post by rpettit16 »

i was just wondering what ur guy's opinioins were on the yamaha r6 or the suzuki gsxr600. I love both bikes and was thinking of buying one of them sometime in the future after i get a little more experience under my belt. Which one would u guys prefer?

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#2 Unread post by BuzZz »

Do you preffer blondes, redheads or brunettes?

Kinda the same thing with any of the supersports within whatever class you want. Pick the one that gives you the biggest chubby. That will be the right bike for you.

But don't try to date a Supermodel before you take the girl next door to a few school dances first..... :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Sev »

By the time you're ready to ride one you'll know exactly which one you want.

Sort of drops the supermodel metaphore, cause we all know which one of those we want. But you get the idea.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

britishjoe
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by britishjoe »

I think the build quality is better on a ZOOKI, the YAMS nice, id allways buy a suzuki over a yamaha anyday.

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#5 Unread post by scan »

BuzZz wrote:Do you preffer blondes, redheads or brunettes?

Kinda the same thing with any of the supersports within whatever class you want. Pick the one that gives you the biggest chubby. That will be the right bike for you.

But don't try to date a Supermodel before you take the girl next door to a few school dances first..... :wink:
Mary Ann or Ginger?
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

m4lu6
Veteran
Veteran

Y v S

#6 Unread post by m4lu6 »

I can't say much about the Suzuki's, but I can give you my first week impression on my 2006 R6S...

I love my R6. For me, it was never a question of "Which bike do I get?", as I've been after the R6 since they were released. I wouldn't mind, at some point, getting my hands on a CBR, or a GSX just to compare.

I really like the ride on the R6, though, the handlebars are right where I want them. the honda is a little low.

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#7 Unread post by jmillheiser »

You got the R6S? When the brand new one (that everyone is drooling about) can be had.

Still a good bike.

I personally despise the R6 riding position though. I found the bars to be way to low. Only race rep I have found even remotely comfy is the gixxer.

that R6S is a pretty good deal for $1000 cheaper than the new R6

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#8 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

jmillheiser wrote:You got the R6S? When the brand new one (that everyone is drooling about) can be had.

Still a good bike.

I personally despise the R6 riding position though. I found the bars to be way to low. Only race rep I have found even remotely comfy is the gixxer.

that R6S is a pretty good deal for $1000 cheaper than the new R6
The 2006 R6S = 2005 R6. 2006 R6 = hella crazy, even compared to another 600cc supersport. If it was a 600cc class choice, mine would be the 2006 R6. Though get to the litre bikes and i'll tak a GSXR1000 please.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#9 Unread post by jmillheiser »

Odd how different the riding positions can be even on the different supersports.

You would think the full on race reps would all be hideously uncomfortable.

I have sat on pretty much all of the current crop of 600s both the full on race reps and the more street oriented models. Here is my take on em.

Gixxer 600 - The most comfortable of the race reps, could comfortaby ride for a few hours. Lower seat positions the bars higher and gets you behind the fairing better.

ZX-6R - Bars too low, seat too high though not that cramped

CBR600RR - Very cramped position, bars not as bad as the R6

R6 - Feels like im gonna flip over the front just sitting on it.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#10 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

jmillheiser wrote:Odd how different the riding positions can be even on the different supersports.

You would think the full on race reps would all be hideously uncomfortable.

I have sat on pretty much all of the current crop of 600s both the full on race reps and the more street oriented models. Here is my take on em.

Gixxer 600 - The most comfortable of the race reps, could comfortaby ride for a few hours. Lower seat positions the bars higher and gets you behind the fairing better.

ZX-6R - Bars too low, seat too high though not that cramped

CBR600RR - Very cramped position, bars not as bad as the R6

R6 - Feels like im gonna flip over the front just sitting on it.
Yes, but which one handles best in let's say the twisties. Riding position has a lot to do with how the bike performs. I'd say the R6 was built like that on purpose.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]