Your Bike & Why You Love It

Heimdall Einherjar
Elite
Elite

#61 Unread post by Heimdall Einherjar »

I don't love my bike.

It's a beat-up old CB-400 I got from someone I know for $300 (I guess I like the price).

It takes a long time to start up on cold days, the front brake is worrying me, it has no fuel gauge (I've pushed it twice now), it's slow and at high speed it's wobbly.

I guess I like that it stays in one piece (knocks on wood).

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: The V for me

#62 Unread post by Gummiente »

diggerv wrote:I noticed that a lot of you compare your bikes to Harleys. “sounds like” “looks like” etc… Well enjoy what you like and don’t compare yours to the Harley crowd. All of you have great bikes and should be proud.
Well said!
diggerv wrote:I went against the grain of the Harley guys
I have yet to hear any of the Harley riders in my neck of the woods make a disparaging comment about the V-Rod. Do other Harley types really give you a hard time about yours? Anyone that does shouldn't be riding a Harley in the first place, IMO. If it says "Harley" on the tank, then it's a Harley - I don't see why some people have to make an issue of it. Personally, I like the looks of the V-Rod and they do sound great but they're just not my choice in a ride. I do know of at least two FLHT owners who've bought a V-Rod to use as their alternate bike and they are quite happy with them.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#63 Unread post by Bubba »

Heimdall Einherjar wrote:I don't love my bike.

It's a beat-up old CB-400 I got from someone I know for $300 (I guess I like the price).

It takes a long time to start up on cold days, the front brake is worrying me, it has no fuel gauge (I've pushed it twice now), it's slow and at high speed it's wobbly.

Sounds like it's time for something new.
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------

diggerv
Regular
Regular

Re: The V for me

#64 Unread post by diggerv »

Gummiente wrote:
diggerv wrote:I noticed that a lot of you compare your bikes to Harleys. “sounds like” “looks like” etc… Well enjoy what you like and don’t compare yours to the Harley crowd. All of you have great bikes and should be proud.
Well said!
diggerv wrote:I went against the grain of the Harley guys
I have yet to hear any of the Harley riders in my neck of the woods make a disparaging comment about the V-Rod. Do other Harley types really give you a hard time about yours? Anyone that does shouldn't be riding a Harley in the first place, IMO. If it says "Harley" on the tank, then it's a Harley - I don't see why some people have to make an issue of it. Personally, I like the looks of the V-Rod and they do sound great but they're just not my choice in a ride. I do know of at least two FLHT owners who've bought a V-Rod to use as their alternate bike and they are quite happy with them.
Thanks on the “well said“. All of the Harley guys I know ride me hard on the subject. Some of it is just cutting up. Ones I don't know normally say "nice paint" but pretty much keep the negative comments to themselves. The guys on V-RodForums.com have talked about it a lot. Negative comments have come from people, “Harley Guys”, that they don’t even know, for a lot of them. Mom taught me to say nice things to people and I think that is part of what the Biker World should be about. Helping each other and have good things to say. Joining together to protect our rights as Bikers. Sharing our experiences.

Where can I get one of those beers you are drinking?
Enjoy the Ride!

Heimdall Einherjar
Elite
Elite

#65 Unread post by Heimdall Einherjar »

Bubba wrote:
Heimdall Einherjar wrote:I don't love my bike.

Sounds like it's time for something new.
I need to find a fulltime job...

azdodger
Rookie
Rookie

Bikes

#66 Unread post by azdodger »

Had a few bikes over the years... first being a 1980 Honda MB5, great first bike for a 14yr old, just couldn't kill it. Then came a 1980 Kawasaki 440, again great bike.... continued to move up and got a 1985 Yamaha Maxim 700, absolutely loved it.. got married had kids got rid of the bike.... Was bikeless for several years and then..... I friend of mine made me a smokin deal on his wife's 2003 Yamaha V Star 650.. ($3000) with 112 miles on it... I have put about 2800 miles on it in the last couple of months and it is the best bike I have owned thus far. With that said... a mean streak would look really good under me.... :laughing:
Last edited by azdodger on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

Re: Bikes

#67 Unread post by ZooTech »

azdodger wrote:2003 Yamaha V Star 650.. ($3000) with 112 miles on it...
Damn, Dude...can you say, "Deal of the Century"!

azdodger
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Bikes

#68 Unread post by azdodger »

ZooTech wrote:
azdodger wrote:2003 Yamaha V Star 650.. ($3000) with 112 miles on it...
Damn, Dude...can you say, "Deal of the Century"!

Cheap enough to convince the ole lady that having a bike was a good idea..... :mrgreen:

636SE
Rookie
Rookie

#69 Unread post by 636SE »

2006 ninja 636 special edition

1. My first bike
2. everything seems to fit me fine
3. plenty of power to weight
2006 636 Special edition

buellbabe
Rookie
Rookie

#70 Unread post by buellbabe »

sapaul wrote:BMW K1200S

Ever ridden a bike and just knew. If you have to ask, you don't understand.
#1 '99 Buell X1 Lightning
Yep! thats what it was like for me with the Buell. I was staunch Harley all the way but when I took the Buell for a test ride it just felt so natural, it was like the bike had been made for me.
Love the torque, it is unbelievably quick thru twisties, its got plenty of top end grunt and on my 2nd run down the drag strip I did 11.9 secs. Unfortunately that disqualified me cos I'd dialled in a higher time! Did I care? NOT!
I think the thing that turns me on most about my beast is that X-factor...the Buell has got BALLS. Its streetfighter all the way.
If I could have a stable it would also include
#2 Harley Deuce
#3 Yamaha R1
#4Triumph Speed Triple
Live the Life you Love
Love the Life you Live