Your Bike & Why You Love It

goodcruisin
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by goodcruisin »

Right now im sporting an '83 V45 magna i took in trade for some welding equipment i had.
has the look of a cruiser, but the heart of a sportbike.
same engine as the 750 intercepter.
its a nice feeling knowing i can out run most twins that are twice my displacement.
the only thing ive change is the seat!
removed some foam and took off the hump in the passengers rear so my wife would slide into me and put my boys on the tank.
I guess its somewhat of a collectors item, not like th V65 though!

my next bike is looking to be a vulcan 900, mayby a C50
so many roads............ so little time!
gonna ride em all in washington....
then find some more

Hammersfan
Regular
Regular

#42 Unread post by Hammersfan »

goodcruisin wrote:Right now im sporting an '83 V45 magna i took in trade for some welding equipment i had.
has the look of a cruiser, but the heart of a sportbike.
same engine as the 750 intercepter.
its a nice feeling knowing i can out run most twins that are twice my displacement.
the only thing ive change is the seat!
removed some foam and took off the hump in the passengers rear so my wife would slide into me and put my boys on the tank.
I guess its somewhat of a collectors item, not like th V65 though!

my next bike is looking to be a vulcan 900, mayby a C50
I can remember when those bikes first came out , having a conversation with a Harley lover and him telling me that harley's last forever but you won't see 20 year old Honda's riding around ! Well guess what :laughing:
Ride Safe

Hammersfan

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#43 Unread post by VermilionX »

Suzuki GSX-R1000 K6

i love it both looks and performance. the gear indicator was pretty helpful early on. but now i covered it already as well as the speedometer for training purposes.

i haven't used it's full power yet since its full power is not meant to be tested on the streets but even so, it's very poweful even at the fraction of its full power that im using right now.

sometimes on the freeway, i push it near half of its power but i do it very rarely since the speed even at below half power is still way too much for public roads.

i can't wait to have have trackdays and enjoy my bike more than i could ever do on the streets and highways.
Last edited by VermilionX on Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#44 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

H-D 2000 Twin Cam Roadking Classic, 1550.

I've had all sorts of bikes over the past 30 odd years & for some reason I just have to stick with the Harley. No other bike I have ridden (So far) has made me so addicted so quickly.

I loved all my other bikes which include the Suzi Katana 1100 & Kawasaki 900 which were so much fun, if only I could've kept them all!

However the Harley is perfect for me especially since I live in Cruiser nirvana....the Outback of OZ.

My next bike will be a Harley Street-Rod.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#45 Unread post by Sev »

That road king is very very nice looking.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Joe Rocket=>
Veteran
Veteran

#46 Unread post by Joe Rocket=> »

2002 Honda CBR600F4i

I love this bike because it is the most comfortable sport bike out there, for me at least. This bike is very nimble and has tons of useable horse power. And of course you can't forget the reliability.

The only think I don"t like is riding it on long trips, but everything else makes up for that. :D

J.R. Bob Dobbs
Elite
Elite

#47 Unread post by J.R. Bob Dobbs »

I love my 1995 Nighthawk 750.

It is my second bike, but my first one with some power. At first it felt scary-fast compared to my 250.

I have installed 10% "lower" sprockets on it, made a noticeable difference in thrust and hasn't hurt mileage one bit (if anything it went up a tad, go figure).

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#48 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

I really liked my first bike, the Alphasport GV250 to learn on! It was great around town, got 65mpg consistently, was comfortable for longer trips, and was smooth as anything. However, it just wasn't the riding style for me.

My second bike is my 1979 KZ650. Really great bike! It has very good midrange power, sounds mean at all rpm ranges, has a nice upright seating position, and can handle 2-up very well! It is a bit top heavy, but once you get used to it, it is really pretty easy to ride. It is probably the best sounding I-4 I have witnessed, and it is definitely a fun ride. This bike will be going to my brother so we can ride together! He is in love with this bike, and I can't blame him. He looks like he fits on it too.

My newest acquisition is a 1984 VF700F Interceptor. I haven't ridden this bike very much yet, but I sure will!! I loved this bike the second I hopped on it. I really dig the 80's "techno" styling, as I like to call it (the square headlights, the electronic orange instruments, the 80's fairing). The riding position is so enticing! It is definitely more sporty than the KZ, but it is still very comfortable, and is what I consider a "sport-standard". You can sit up, but it is a lot easier to tuck if you want to! It has a 5.9 gallon tank, and gets 45ish mpg! The power of the V-4 brought an immediate grin to my face. Smooth power delivery, throaty exhaust note, hydraulic clutch, smooth progressive brakes! I can't believe the bike is as old as I am!

Long story short, the Interceptor is my new favorite! I'll have new pics this weekend!
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#49 Unread post by jmillheiser »

1980 Honda CX500C

what I love about it: its easy to ride (it is my first bike), has decent power at any rpm, is very smooth riding, the sound of the engine, it sounds like a harley below 6000rpm and like a ducati above 6000rpm, draws attention wherever I go (CX500s are not exactly common in the US), its easy to maintain, has suprisingly responsive handling and good cornering clearance (I have yet to scrape a peg on it)

what I dont like about it: the tiny gas tank (90 miles then I hit reserve), and its decidedly top heavy and feels heavier than a lot of big cruisers, the fugly vetter fairing attached to the front (getting rid of this).

safety-boy
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

1986 Kawa 454 Ltd.

#50 Unread post by safety-boy »

Now, I must love my bike... It is old and ugly, and I don't want another :D

1. Off the line, it is really fast. Probably the only way I could hit 100mph on it would be in a quarter-mile.
2. It is apparently indestructible. I had a bad seal at the clutch lever on the gearbox - it was leaking far more oil than I realized... I ran it nearly empty and had no problems!
3. When I was a car guy (don't own one now) I never washed my car. Riding everyday does not lend itself to shiny chrome and dirt-free paint, so the ugliness of the bike (more from wear and tear than styling, mind you) lets me have a pig-pen bike :-D

Now, this is a bikes in general thing - nothing is better than being the one guy on a bike in a mass of sheep... I mean car drivers ;-) - When my clutch cable broke, and I had to take the wife's car (it was nice that day, and I wouldn't deprive her of her bike) I felt too normal... It was unsettling! When I got home, I geared up and took her bike out for an hour to shake off the willies!

--Dave
Don't think of it as a stop light. Think of it as a chance-to-show-off light.

Vulcan 900 Classic LT (2007)
Ninja ZX-6R (2006)
Ninja 500-R (2004)
454 Ltd. (1986)
Boulevard S-40 (2005)