1100 virago ?

#1 Unread post by ROCKY_RIDER »

Any information on the yamaha 1100 virago ? :(

i fly cl600-2d24
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by i fly cl600-2d24 »

What kind of information do you want? I just bought a 1995 Virago 1100 last Saturday. I haven't taken it on the freeway, except for about 4 miles worth on my way home from the dealership. I'm taking the BRC (beginners rider course) with TEAM Arizona next week, so I should be able to venture out farther without worrying about the cops.

The Virago's styling is a love it/hate it kind of thing. The guy at the dealership referred to it as a 'barhopper', not really a cruiser. You sit closer to the handlebars than on some of the newer bikes. The Shadow VLX Deluxe and the V Star Custom have a 3.0 and 3.4 inch longer wheelbases, respectively. The Boulevard S50 is 1.4 inches longer.

Anyway, my bike has 6700 miles on it, and looks pretty cherry. I'm pretty excited about next week and getting that M class. I don't know if this helped at all. Here's a link to a webpage about the 1996 Virago -

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcyam/96_virago11.html

Good Luck!!
'Between stimulus and response, man has the freedom to choose'

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#3 Unread post by dr_bar »

I've had my 1100 virago for almost 3 years and have put over 30,000 kms (18,641 miles) on it since buying it. I love the quick throttle response but I have issues with the ergos on this bike. With that said, I have made several long distance trips including one of over 1000 kilometers, (600+ miles)

I'm currently saving for an upgrade to the much larger RoyalStar Venture. I have an urge to do some major touring and the virago isn't the bike to be doing it on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"