YAMAHA MT 01

drade
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

YAMAHA MT 01

#1 Unread post by drade »

HI EVERYBODY.

Anybody ridden a MT 01? sounds really interesting and I love the looks, quite heavy though. I rode a cyclone buell and had loads of fun but reliability issues and bad resale (here in greece at least) make buells a poor choice. Too bad there are not many choices for people that like big naked-muscle vtwins in capable frames with japanese reliability! Still the MT sounds like a good option, but I am pretty sure Ill be wanting to increase it power output (by the way the tuning kits are very expensive).

let me know what you guys think

teknoman
Regular
Regular

#2 Unread post by teknoman »

Have you seen the new Motoguzzi Griso? Killer naked powercruiser/standard.With shaft drive no less ,and better looking thanthe MT-O1,IMHO. Plus since it,s Italian,the price to Greece should be cool.Thinking about taking a cruise of the Greek Isles next year!maybe we can hook up! :mrgreen:
RJM.

drade
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by drade »

moto guzzi's are rather unreliable and you never know if the company will be around next year. The price in greece isn't special (althoughItaly is a neighbouring country). The griso is gorgeous but maintaining one is quite difficult (wait for parts to be shipped, finding a mechanic that fixes guzzis ) and selling one second is a nightmare.

hell all bikes I like are hard to resell!

the greek isles are great for holidays(I live in the mainland- northern greece): try Mukonos, santorini, io and crete at least.........

teknoman
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by teknoman »

Yeah you,re right.
RJM.

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#5 Unread post by jmillheiser »

MT-01 has not been released yet, that I know of. We are supposed to get them starting this year in the US but none have hit dealerships as of yet.

Britjoe
Legendary
Legendary

#6 Unread post by Britjoe »

They have a MT-01 at a local dealer ship in Calgary walt healys, looks nice but is on the pricey side, not enough cylinders for me though.

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#7 Unread post by jmillheiser »

Our part of the country always seems to get new bikes last.

drade
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by drade »

jmillheiser wrote:MT-01 has not been released yet, that I know of. We are supposed to get them starting this year in the US but none have hit dealerships as of yet.
to be honest with you guys I think the states aren't getting MT-01s in 2006 (at least officially), everybody thought you would but for reasons beyond my knowledge yamaha seem to think there isn't a big enough market for the MT in the states.......... which is the wierdest thing ever- a big (1670 cc) muscle-naked V twin is not popular in the states and it is in say belgium and portugal?? I don't get it, if anything the states are the MARKET for a bike like that

paul246
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#9 Unread post by paul246 »

The MT-01 is not available in the U.S., at least for 2006. Yamaha USA made that decision. Luckily, Yamaha Canada went ahead with the certification for our market and it is available here. Americans that really want the bike might be able to make arrangments through their local dealer to have one imported from Canadian stock. This is what a lot of Americans did to buy the Toyota Echo Hatchback which was unavailable in the U.S., now replaced by the Yaris.
There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle.

Honda XR650L Dual-Sport

Caper#5
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by Caper#5 »

Really sharp bike, there is one at a local dealer near me, Pro Cycle. Looks alot like the Vmax.
2005 Suzuki 650 Bandit S

Everyday is a good day to ride!