which one Kawasi or suzuki Enduro

enduro man
Rookie
Rookie

which one Kawasi or suzuki Enduro

#1 Unread post by enduro man »

Which one would be better for road use. the awasi KLR 650 or the Suzuki DSE 650? Aso which one has more tp end seed. 8)

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#2 Unread post by Gadjet »

the KLR will likely give you a better range than the suzuki due to the larger fuel tank (almost twice as big as the zook)

there is also a huge aftermarket for accessories and parts for the KLR

of course, as a KLR owner, I'm slightly biased 8)

My current ride:

Top end for each bike is probably similar (I've hit 80mph on my KLR, and I know people that have pushed almost 100mph. These bikes aren't made for that sort of speed though)

If you're looking for something that you are going to be riding around in traffic alot, another benefit to the KLR is that it is liquid cooled and will be less prone to overheating in stop and go traffic on really hot days.

The benefit to the DR being air cooled though is that the lack of radiator/water pump assembly is one less (expensive) thing to be fixed in the event of an accident.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#3 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Havn't sat on the suzi but looks wise i like it better out of those two. In the blue though. I sat on a KLR650 and found my hind quarters in some uncomfort, personally i'm a XR650L fan. It just kinda fit me better and felt more comfortable. It seems like no one considers them though.

A big consideration on which one is better in traffic is tires. The KLR and DR both look to have (via the mfg sites) some fairly road friendly tires while the XR seems to have knobbier tires.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

enduro man
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by enduro man »

which one has more power and would be more dependalbe? I wont be putting any saddle bags or anything on it. unless i need more power. i will be using it for pleasure and daily stuff. which one has moe acceleration and torque. I also wouldnt mind if it could pull a wheelie going 70 down the interstate.

:roll:
:laughing:
:mrgreen:

enduro man
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by enduro man »

im curious what is the top seed for both bikes i read 120mph fr the suzuki and 100 for the kawaski.

:frusty: 8)

2wheel
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by 2wheel »

enduro man wrote:which one has more power and would be more dependalbe? I wont be putting any saddle bags or anything on it. unless i need more power. i will be using it for pleasure and daily stuff. which one has moe acceleration and torque. I also wouldnt mind if it could pull a wheelie going 70 down the interstate.

:roll:
:laughing:
:mrgreen:

Mmmmm sounds like you are looking for the wrong bike.
1999 VFR
2005 KTM 300EXC
2004 GS500F (girlfriends)
www.2wheelcentral.com
www.iboxcabinets.com

enduro man
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by enduro man »

what type of bike should i look at ?
I like the yamaha R1 and R6 but a little out of my range.

:frusty:

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#8 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Suzuki V-Strom 650?
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

Hammersfan
Regular
Regular

#9 Unread post by Hammersfan »

I think that the vstrom 650 would suit your needs
Ride Safe

Hammersfan

Jamers!
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2015 Yamaha VX950(bolt)

#10 Unread post by Jamers! »

GeoffXR200R wrote:Havn't sat on the suzi but looks wise i like it better out of those two. In the blue though. I sat on a KLR650 and found my hind quarters in some uncomfort, personally i'm a XR650L fan. It just kinda fit me better and felt more comfortable. It seems like no one considers them though.

A big consideration on which one is better in traffic is tires. The KLR and DR both look to have (via the mfg sites) some fairly road friendly tires while the XR seems to have knobbier tires.

i considerdred and thought about an XR650L to replace my ninja but it is from what ive read and heard the most off roadish bike of the three (klr,DR,XR). If i was gonna do a ton of off roading id grab an XR, but the city riding i do the KLR seems like a better choice

JWF
Insert something clever and showing an understanding of motorcycle culture here

ATGATT

Sev wrote:What's a bike?
JWF505 wrote:its like a goat, but with two wheels.
JWF